Shower enclosure Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2006 » December 2006 » Shower enclosure « Previous Next »

Douglas Tappan (Dougthebonifiedbusnut)
Registered Member
Username: Dougthebonifiedbusnut

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 24.62.105.169

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 6:24 pm:   

I've come a long way since I started converting my Crown and now I am at a point where I need to find a shower stall but it needs to be a very small one. Can anyone refer me to a company that sells undersized stalls? I'm looking for about a 24-28" wide, doesn't mater how deep.As always Thank You to (as Jay Severand would say) "The best and brightest" of our pastime.
dilip & zoe sinha (Vintagehounds)
Registered Member
Username: Vintagehounds

Post Number: 31
Posted From: 67.166.131.55

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 6:44 pm:   

i googled this up. looks ok although ive not used this company myself. maybe you could call them and see if they have what you need. Dilip http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-pumps-water/rv-showers.htm?source=google
John MC9 (John_mc9)
Registered Member
Username: John_mc9

Post Number: 130
Posted From: 66.217.106.132

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 7:19 pm:   

24" bases are usually available at both Home Depot and Lowes,
along with surrounds that fit, or FRP sheets to build walls with....
You'll find the combination to be a small fraction of the price of
the RV products available, and about ten thousand times both the
quality and strength.....

RV shower stalls leave much to be desired....
JR Lynch (Njt5047)
Registered Member
Username: Njt5047

Post Number: 105
Posted From: 69.132.234.141

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 7:59 pm:   

PPL is similar to CampingWorld. PPL is a "storefront" for a large RV parts supplier. They offer good service. I've done a good bit of business with them. Only had one issue....and I knew there was going to be a problem when I ordered the things. Wanted some gas spring assist cylinders but getting the correct hardware was complicated. They were nice about correcting the error and promptly sent the correct parts.
Lowes and HD offer a lot of "orderable" things if you can get someone to look them up.
RV door enclosures are much easier to install. Home sized pans and fiberglass or ABS walls can be modified. The glass enclosure is not easy to alter...RV sized fits just right.
I used an RV door assembly on a 28" Neoangle corner shower stall. Had to saw up the shower pretty good to get it against the wall. DO NOT shoot Great Stuff behind the shower wall...I garuntee it'll buck up the wall...ask me how I know!
24" isn't very large...you may be a little guy, but if you haven't tried a 24" unit, you may want to see how it "fits" before buying. My wife and I can barely fit into our 28" shower...don't know about 24"....don't drop the soap! ;)

JR
H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member
Username: Ace

Post Number: 369
Posted From: 75.200.5.151

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 9:27 pm:   

OK JR I can't resist!

"My wife and I can barely fit into our 28" shower...don't know about 24"

Have you tried taking showers alone to see you fit?

Susan MADE me do it! I swear she did! :-)

Ace
Len Silva (Lsilva)
Registered Member
Username: Lsilva

Post Number: 66
Posted From: 71.29.25.237

Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 9:48 am:   

Why would anyone have a shower that doesn't fit two people. That's just crazy talk!
Len
Glenn Williams (Glenn)
Registered Member
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 207.179.92.18

Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 3:07 pm:   

When you only have a 6 gallon water heater, doubling up is only half of the fun
Gary Belonga (Mb53)
Registered Member
Username: Mb53

Post Number: 11
Posted From: 71.115.145.206

Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 4:08 pm:   

6 gallon water heater just means you'll have more fun warming each other up more often. Opps yes we were talking about the shower stall werent we...
Douglas Tappan (Dougthebonifiedbusnut)
Registered Member
Username: Dougthebonifiedbusnut

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 24.62.105.169

Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 7:59 pm:   

Thanks All!Dilip got me just what I was looking for.
Christopher Goodwin (Cgoodwin)
Registered Member
Username: Cgoodwin

Post Number: 49
Posted From: 71.212.79.58

Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 6:19 pm:   

I cut out the floor in my shower area and sank the shower base a good 8", this allowed me to make a 16" deep tub in the bottom for my daughter, at about waist hight I slanted the wall toward the front of the bus to follow the line of the window frame and provide more shoulder room. I made the pan from 5052 Aluminum and all the walls are 1/2" ply covered in FRP, the window will be sandblasted to allow light in without letting everyone outside see into the shower and the shower door is a Shoji screen.

I looked at all the stalls but all had issues and being 6'4" I needed the extra head room. It was a pain but not as bad as laying floor and the results are awesome.
ChuckMC9 (Chucks)
Registered Member
Username: Chucks

Post Number: 1069
Posted From: 66.167.164.97

Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 11:08 am:   

*Really* like your Shoji panels, Christopher. I'm using a 'storebought' one as a placeholder until I can find a source for a good one. (or get one hand-crafted like you did :-))

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration