Onan and cummings Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » July 2007 » Onan and cummings « Previous Next »

dutch (Dutch)
Registered Member
Username: Dutch

Post Number: 104
Posted From: 66.68.98.151

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   

he folks

does anybody have good experience with cummings repair shops??
i had my carburator replaced on my onan generator and now 6 hours later it stopped working again.
same issue i assume.
the repairshop tells me to come back in but now im 600 miles away.
grrrr.
lucky i have 2 generators>
but like to have a backup since im using my back up now
o im in salt lake city now
besides the burning fires and closed highways it is great and having as blast
William Sloan (Ole_timer)
Registered Member
Username: Ole_timer

Post Number: 8
Posted From: 75.134.162.129

Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 2:17 am:   

Hey Dutch
I had the cummings dealer in Denver work on mine .They fixed what Ihad been tring to fix for six months.The gen. would run than stop but would start right up again.Some times it would run for hours and some time one minute but would always start right up.It was the fuel pump. I didn`t want to belive that but a new one fixed it and its still running good. They also adjusted the gov. and the whole thig is working better than it was new.
Ole Bill
James Stacy (Jimstacy)
Registered Member
Username: Jimstacy

Post Number: 66
Posted From: 75.41.16.12

Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   

We have a midwest chain called Standby Power. They are factory authorized service for Cummins/ Onan, Cat, Freightliner chassis, etc. I brought my old Onan in during the service mngr's lunch hour (by request) because their schedule was full! He fixed it instead of eating lunch. He set governor for start and frequency. it worked the best it ever had. Then he dug around in the shop cabinets until he found an obsolete service manual and gave it to me. He said I couldn't buy them anymore so take care of it. Bill was $0!

Talk about service!

Jim Stacy

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration