Add on leveling valves, one won't unl... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » July 2007 » Add on leveling valves, one won't unload. « Previous Next »

Denis (Denis)
Registered Member
Username: Denis

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 76.189.132.89

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   

I have a 4106 with manual leveling valves added on. This was done before we purchased the coach, so I don't know specifics about the system. My problem is left rear will not release air to drop the bus. It will raise, but, will not deflate. I checked the switch it seems OK. Before I go under I would like to know more about what I have. The problem started as an intermittent one, but now it just doesn't work. Anybody have any ideas or thoughts I would appreciate your help. Thanks Denis
Pete/RTS Daytona (Pete_rtsdaytona)
Registered Member
Username: Pete_rtsdaytona

Post Number: 364
Posted From: 208.118.14.63

Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 8:08 pm:   

Hi

I design and sell leveling systems for buses - This is NOT one of mine but - my guess is

The black solenoids on each side that are furthest away from the Red solenoid appear to be the solenoids that bleeds the air from the air bags

First verify the side that is working by putting your meter / test light on the non grounded solenoid terminal of the RIGHT REAR outer most solenoid - to verify my guess that it is truely the bleed solenoid

If it is - THEN

Put your meter / test light on the LEFT outer Most Solenoid non grounded terminal and operator the left rear lower switch and see if you get any voltage there - if you do and no air bleed then the solenoids bad

I'm pretty sure I have a similar style solenoid that I can send you to replace it - just tell me the voltage 12 or 24 -
It's free - You'll just have to pay postage

The red solenoids appear to be 5 port 2 way solenoids - there purpose is most likely to provide the cutover from manual raise/lower to auto height control. BUT it appears that one of the wires is off the RED solenoid - which would disable AUTO level -

Clear as mud - no give me a call

Pete RTS/Daytona ***386***672***0571*** (Florida time)
Randy Davidson (Rdavidson)
Registered Member
Username: Rdavidson

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 66.82.9.73

Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 8:19 pm:   

Pete is awesome. Whatever he says is the fact.
I have his leveling system on my H3-40 and it works exactely has he planned it.

I recommend his system to everyone who needs air leveling.
john w. roan (Chessie4905)
Registered Member
Username: Chessie4905

Post Number: 636
Posted From: 71.58.117.21

Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 9:42 pm:   

You may need to clean the inside of the offending valve if electrical checks out ok. May have a small amount of corrosion or residue in it from a period of non-use.
George M. Todd (George_mc6)
Registered Member
Username: George_mc6

Post Number: 226
Posted From: 76.168.69.233

Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 10:39 pm:   

Whatever you do, DON'T GO UNDER AN AIRED UP BUS WITHOUT SECURELY BLOCKING IT AT THE JACKING POINTS! That also applies to between the tires and fenders!
Then follow Pete's advice to the letter.
HTH, George
Denis (Denis)
Registered Member

Post Number: 7

Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 11:04 am:   

Thanks everyone, I am going out soon to start the diagnosis. Will block it upcarefully, Thanks, Denis
Denis (Denis)
Registered Member

Post Number: 8

Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   

THANK YOU, EVERYONE. It was just a loose wire that caused the lack of response to bleed air off. Pete, thank you for your help in understanding my system better. I reconnected the broken wires as well but I am not sure if I am getting it back the way it should be. That will require a little more investigating. Thanks, Denis

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration