New to the bus world Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » July 2007 » New to the bus world « Previous Next »

Andy Wright (Wrightwy)
Registered Member
Username: Wrightwy

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 75.209.93.253

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 5:06 pm:   

Hi Andy here , Bought our first bus about a month ago and been living full time it. Have owned several production Motorhomes and what a difference . We just love it , No slides and the ride is great. Going to have a bunch of ? in the furture . Hope you guys don't mind .
Richard Bowyer (Drivingmisslazy)
Registered Member
Username: Drivingmisslazy

Post Number: 1954
Posted From: 75.108.73.6

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 5:19 pm:   

Hey Andy, welcome aboard. I see it is a 1968 Silver Eagle Model 05. Tell us about your coach.Engine, what part of the country you are in and any other details you might like to share. For sure you can not go wrong with an Eagle!
Richard

(Message edited by DrivingMissLazy on July 21, 2007)
H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member
Username: Ace

Post Number: 591
Posted From: 70.221.62.197

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   

Hey Richard, you read the guys profile! How come you missed the area he is from? It plainly says Arizona!

Welcome to the board Andy and the wild world of buses!

Ace
john w. roan (Chessie4905)
Registered Member
Username: Chessie4905

Post Number: 663
Posted From: 71.58.117.21

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 9:24 pm:   

I think Richard and I never heard of UAS- is that in the middle east? BTW, welcome aboard Andy!! You can help us pick on ACE- the rich guy with the gold plated bus.
Paul Lawry (Dreamscape)
Registered Member
Username: Dreamscape

Post Number: 52
Posted From: 64.40.223.242

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   

Welcome Andy,
I have a 1968 Eagle 01, #7443, what number is your coach? I really like my Eagle, fun to drive and get lots of stares. You have questions, ask away. Very knowledgeable folk here with lots of answers and insight.
Paul
marvin pack (Gomer)
Registered Member
Username: Gomer

Post Number: 60
Posted From: 76.4.136.26

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 10:55 pm:   

welcome aboard Andy. don't listen too much to ACE cause he be causing problems for a while so try to tolerate him like we do LOL. I think that age has a little to do with it too GO ACE!!
H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member
Username: Ace

Post Number: 592
Posted From: 70.221.62.197

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 11:45 pm:   

ME, causing problems? NAH! Just putting facts where they lay, that's all! I like it when everyone points out things I say but heaven forbid when I point them out on someone else! Then it's all me causing trouble! Wake up and smell the diesel!

That's funny about my bus being gold plated AND me being RICH! If you knew me you would know better! I'm broker than most any one of you out here! Remember I DO own a bus. I don't just talk about having had one or wanting one! :-)

Go ahead and pick away! It won't be the first time and I'm sure as heck it won't be the last!

Oh and yes your probably right about the age thing! It's those older folks that can't read the entire post but are sure to answer it!

Ace
John MC9 (John_mc9)
Registered Member
Username: John_mc9

Post Number: 449
Posted From: 66.217.106.208

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 12:38 am:   

UAS ??

Is that a statement? Like: "I'm in Arizona, U ASs" ?

HUMPH.

Welcome aboard, Andy. Don't let any comments bother you, and
don't let it show if they do. It'll announce a sign of weakness, and you'll
only be pecked to death, like a sick chicken in a crowded henhouse.

Have fun. I@n wouldn't want it any other way!

(ughhhhh... right, I@n?)
Andy Wright (Wrightwy)
Registered Member
Username: Wrightwy

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 75.209.56.225

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 10:55 am:   

Thanks Guys , Sounds like it's going to be fun running with you . Don't worry I have thick skin, Retired firemen 12 years, Lived in Cody wy now in Az for a while tending to my moms needs . Looks like we will be heading back north to Billings MT. We are full timers but still working . Love the Bus the fellow that built it seemed to have a handle on conversions. Along with BB coach in Vegas. Iam having issues with the fridge here in phoenix, It's in the middle of the bus and Iam having cooling problems. The genny fan stopped working so I bought a little fan and placed it in the oprnning in the back it's working but when it gets hot not to good. I even thought of puting a house fridge in I found one at Home Depot Just about the same size.Any thoughts would be great . Thanks Andy
J.C.B. (Eagle)
Registered Member
Username: Eagle

Post Number: 127
Posted From: 209.183.34.47

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 11:17 am:   

Andy a lot of conversions are using house refrigerators and even a lot of the high end motor home builders are now using house fridges.
Cindy and John (Cindyandjohn)
Registered Member
Username: Cindyandjohn

Post Number: 37
Posted From: 70.15.55.179

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 1:16 pm:   

Andy,

Welcome to the bus world.

Enjoy yourself and take things in stride...

The fridge - I just went to the local appliance store and found one that fit the opening... had to muscle it through the front door and past the couches, etc... but plugged it in and away we go. Our Eagle is all electric, so the generator runs whenever we can't use shore power. Fridge works great and you get lots more storage with a house one then most of the RV ones that would fit into limited size openings... We tried to find an RV one with double doors and all - but they all need a very wide opening, and we couldn't modify the area for the fridge.

John

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration