8v92 TA Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » July 2007 » 8v92 TA « Previous Next »

Andy Wright (Wrightwy)
Registered Member
Username: Wrightwy

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 75.209.56.225

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 11:06 am:   

This is my first DD and Iam a little worried , I hear the stories of over heating and the like , This one has two Radeators and it's hooked into the 12.5 wrico Gen . kind of odd looking system. But it seems to work. Iam gonig to pull some lig out and check it Make sure it on the good side.The Motor has some big injectors in it something like 96 Iam not sure , The owner said he had bigger one's in it but it was too hot . anyway thats all i know for now . Thanks Andy
Cindy and John (Cindyandjohn)
Registered Member
Username: Cindyandjohn

Post Number: 36
Posted From: 70.15.55.179

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 1:04 pm:   

Andy,

From past experience - keep the coolant level full, check it before each drive... mine likes to drink the stuff... also, good rv-plus roadside assistance/towing. AAA worked out for me not too long ago, and I am glad I had it. Check out our website:

http://www.cindyandjohn.us/Bus/atlantic%20city/bus-at-ac.htm

Your best bet - if you think the coolant isnt up to par - change it... all 28 gallons plus... it will pay off in the long run...

Good Luck,
John
norcal kyle (Kylexisxrad)
Registered Member
Username: Kylexisxrad

Post Number: 165
Posted From: 24.10.92.129

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   

DD two strokes really arent all that bad, provided your cooling system is in good working order. since your bus did not come stock w/ an 8v92TA, but instead an 8v71N, make sure that the cooling system was properly upgraded to deal with the bigger engine. an 8v92 will most definetly run hotter than an 8v71. just remember to downshift when pulling hills to keep the RPM's up so you dont lug the engine, and watch the temp gauge on the dash. john has some good advice regarding roadside assisitance. it will help you for sure.

this is a killer article on shifting. if your bus is an automatic, just scroll towards the end, but my advice is to read the whole thing. theres advice that applies to both systems throughout.

http://www.busnut.com/artrjl2.html

kyle in norcal
1980 Eagle 10 #30223
RJ Long (Rjlong)
Registered Member
Username: Rjlong

Post Number: 1265
Posted From: 67.181.189.94

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   

Thanks for the plug, Kyle!

:-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration