'57 Roadrunner pics Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » September 2007 » '57 Roadrunner pics « Previous Next »

Michael W. Haworth (57fitzjohn)
Registered Member
Username: 57fitzjohn

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 70.136.142.153

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 11:21 pm:   

Hi guyz! I have had a cool revelation! Some of you Fitzjohn guys may have seen the geocities webpage put up by Chris Guenther: www.geocities.com/fitzjohnbus/?200714 (also the moderator of the Fitzjohn interest group on Yahoo) These were the first pics I found when I got my RR that looked similar, and with good reason! Turns out my bus used to belong to his Dad! I was reading thru the extensive maintenance records yesterday and came across the hand typed history. The clencher was the title which still reads '57 Mercedes, and the 534Ford/Allison 6spd repower. I cant tell you all how fortunate I feel to have discovered the entire history of my bus back to the original owner. Anyway, its a fascinating read if you have time!
Bravo Chris and family for so carefully documenting everything and putting it out there for everyone to enjoy!!!
fitzjohn picsfitzjohn picsfitzjohn picsfitzjohn pics
Jeffrey Smith (Greenhornet)
Registered Member
Username: Greenhornet

Post Number: 68
Posted From: 198.136.32.74

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 10:18 am:   

That is way cool that you have the history of yer dads coach. Kinda like doing yer family tree. It kind of connects you with the past.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration