1974 MC8 Crusader II Wheel Hub Caps Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » February 2009 » 1974 MC8 Crusader II Wheel Hub Caps « Previous Next »

Moti Nowrangi (Mnowrangi)
Registered Member
Username: Mnowrangi

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 96.255.56.102

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 7:42 am:   

Instead of re-painting my wheels white again, does anyone know where I can get those inexpensive yet awesome looking Stainless Steel Hub Caps? My wheel size is the usual coach size R 22.5. I would need hub caps for the front as well as the rear wheels. However, the passenger side rear wheel has the hub-o-meter on it. I've seen some wheels where they have cut the stainless steel caps so that the hub-o-meter would be visible and accessible to read. Where can I get a set of six inexpensively and that would fit. And how much would I expect to pay on an average for them?
Bruce Henderson (Oonrahnjay)
Registered Member
Username: Oonrahnjay

Post Number: 362
Posted From: 66.248.160.34

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 8:04 am:   

Those are called "simulators". Do a search on the archives and you'll find a lot of info on them (how they work, where people bought them, how they like them, what they cost, etc.)
ED Hackenbruch (Shadowman)
Registered Member
Username: Shadowman

Post Number: 107
Posted From: 173.117.91.75

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 9:54 am:   

I have been thinking of powder coating mine.
Registered Member

Post Number: 363

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 1:31 pm:   

Ed, I was lucky to find a powder coating company that was doing a contract for one of my suppliers. I wanted a special color but they ordered it no trouble. They blasted the wheels (30 years worth of rust, road dirt, brake dust, bearing grease and other kinds of crud) and coated them as they were running other items through their ovens.

I had to have new tires so I took the nice, newly painted wheels to the tire place ... and they pounded clipon weights in about 3 places for every one that they successfully left there, leaving deep scratches around the bead areas.

But the wheels look great and (except for the scratched areas) should go a long time without needing any attention other than washing.
Troy Burcham (Badlybentmc7)
Registered Member
Username: Badlybentmc7

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 69.19.14.37

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 7:12 pm:   

If you want stainlees simulators,try Hub King they carry just what u asked about,even the axle cover with the hubo-hole.If you want something different try Reel Wheels.com They have some wild alternatives,Its a big rig site.Will fit any bus also.The simulators will run you about 350.00 if i remember for the drive and tag,plus what ever the front two cost.
ED Hackenbruch (Shadowman)
Registered Member
Username: Shadowman

Post Number: 108
Posted From: 70.1.68.120

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 8:54 pm:   

Bruce what did it cost per wheel to do? would like to have a figure so when i finally have the money and talk to someone about having it done i will know if they are reasonable or not.
Registered Member

Post Number: 364

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 8:21 am:   

Ed, I don't know. Like I said, they got put through as a side with an existing contract (the powder coating was going a favor for his customer). I paid about $70 for the special color. I had to wait for a "hole" in the production schedule but that's OK.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration