Driver/co-pilot seats what's best? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » February 2009 » Driver/co-pilot seats what's best? « Previous Next »

Darrell Black, DVM (Darrelldvm)
Registered Member
Username: Darrelldvm

Post Number: 35
Posted From: 209.78.171.149

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 9:02 pm:   

Need new seats, looked at Flexsteel RV, seem too bulky. Looked at truck seats (Bostrum, National), can't decide. Suggestions?

Darrell
Larry & Lynne Dixon (Larry_d)
Registered Member
Username: Larry_d

Post Number: 189
Posted From: 71.111.188.44

Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 9:43 pm:   

Darrell
I crashed a KIA sedona with 6 bucket seats, had three seats out when crashed. I put the middle bucket on top of the air ride in the 4905, bought some 1/4 inch flat steel to accomadate the bolts in seats. Really like the seat OH it is leather.
I took the rear seats put them in my wifes class C which worked very good also. Mid to late 90 Dodge P/U are real nice also. Good luck Larry
can take photo's if you like.
FAST FRED (Fast_fred)
Registered Member
Username: Fast_fred

Post Number: 693
Posted From: 66.82.9.75

Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 5:18 am:   

Many folks will use Chrysler drivers seats , the power everything model on a stalk.

Be wary if you have a stick shift as the seat can be too deep, making clutch work hard.

No problem for the slushpump folks .

FF
Austin Scott Davis (Zimtok)
Registered Member
Username: Zimtok

Post Number: 312
Posted From: 216.37.73.226

Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 10:12 am:   

No matter what seat you choose make sure you mount it so that the adjust-ability of it is optimal for you as the driver.

The P.O. of my bus had the seat mounted 2 inches right of center of the steering wheel.

Keith Wood (Ft6)
Registered Member
Username: Ft6

Post Number: 86
Posted From: 75.209.207.225

Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 11:01 am:   

"Be wary if you have a stick shift as the seat can be too deep, making clutch work hard. "

I used to have a Unimog truck, which had an air-ride seat. Being designed for offroad use, there was a switch on the seat which would dump all of the suspension air (you don't want to be slamming around on the air seat on rough ground).

What I discovered was that I could set the seat the way I wanted it for running on the highway, then when I needed to shift I would just dump the air, drop the seat and do my shifting. When I was back into top gear, I flipped the switch back and went back to "cruise" mode.

Same trick should work for a coach . . .
Brian Elfert (Belfert)
Registered Member
Username: Belfert

Post Number: 76
Posted From: 75.72.107.232

Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 12:51 pm:   

I bought an air-ride truck seat off Ebay. Truck seats aren't too expensive at a truck dealer, but this was less expensive with shipping for a take-out that was like new. It is nice with dual lumbar supports and adjustable armrests. The RV chairs just seem like they are too cushy for many hours of driving.

I don't have a co-pilot seat so I can't help there.
Darrell Black, DVM (Darrelldvm)
Registered Member
Username: Darrelldvm

Post Number: 36
Posted From: 209.78.171.149

Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 11:28 pm:   

Brian,
What brand truck seat is it? I agree the RV seats seem too big. I've been looking at flexsteel co-pilot with electric power flip-out leg rest (recliner). But it seems too big for a 4106.
Thanks, Darrell
frankdegroot (Coach)
Registered Member
Username: Coach

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 76.70.121.78

Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 1:06 pm:   

I used buckets out of a Safari.
Gary Pasternak (Cessna5354)
Registered Member
Username: Cessna5354

Post Number: 46
Posted From: 72.90.9.251

Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 6:50 pm:   

My PO had installed a Confort Ride out of Bloomington MN. Did not like it initially as it almost felt like it would make me seasick with the ocillations on a bumpy stretch of road. Now I love the ride, ability to air it higher/lower, forward/aft, and integral massage.
Mostly it is incredibly well designed for supporting the spine.
R.C.Bishop (Chuckllb)
Registered Member
Username: Chuckllb

Post Number: 510
Posted From: 75.211.3.63

Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 10:29 pm:   

Per Fred Hobe...we sought out a Chrysler New Yorker. 90's vintage....

Couldn't be more pleased...6 ways in both Driver and Pax, leather.. very comfortable...and we have a stick shift. :-)

FWIW :-)

RCB

(Message edited by chuckllb on February 21, 2009)
marvin pack (Gomer)
Registered Member
Username: Gomer

Post Number: 405
Posted From: 71.55.228.218

Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 8:17 am:   

I found a lot of good air ride seats in the salvage yards around here and found them in like new shape. The upholstry of course won't match yours but all the guts are there and can be mounted with ease to your specs. I have 2 extras from Kenworth's and they need upholstry and that is all. Good Luck
gomer

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration