Manual shift and clutch linkage remov... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » March 2009 » Manual shift and clutch linkage removal... « Previous Next »

Ben B. Wolff (Ben_mc7)
Registered Member
Username: Ben_mc7

Post Number: 25
Posted From: 24.73.7.114

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 10:35 am:   

Has anyone here removed the manual transmission shift and clutch linkages from their MCI bus? If so, what is the process they went through?

I am changing from a manual to an automatic and would like to install a PVC tube through the linkage area to provide a tunnel to install additional wiring, auto shift cable and some plumbing.

Any assistance would be great. This is an MC7.

--Ben
941-725-0636, cell
wolffone2000@tampabay.rr.com
joe padberg (Joemc7ab)
Registered Member
Username: Joemc7ab

Post Number: 336
Posted From: 66.38.159.33

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 4:21 pm:   

Ben

Get out the gasax, otherwise known as cutting torch. If you wanted to remove the rods intact, I believe the engine cradle would have to be removed. You will likely go this route in anycase, seeing you are switching to an automatic.

Joe.
Larry Baird (Airhog)
Registered Member
Username: Airhog

Post Number: 151
Posted From: 12.144.222.163

Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:35 pm:   

I did mine, I cut the ends off then run the linkage rod for the 10 speed, air line and wires down the walkway. I covered the floor so it is level and at 6'3" I can still stand and not hit my head.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration