Fan Bearings Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » March 2009 » Fan Bearings « Previous Next »

Buddy Tennison (Buddyten)
Registered Member
Username: Buddyten

Post Number: 79
Posted From: 207.68.237.63

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 3:17 pm:   

Hey Guys
The fan bearings went bad on my 80 Eagle. Got the radiator out and took fan off. I called Norris @ Jefferson, and that piece is $660+. Norris said it can be rebuilt, and tried to tell me how to do it. He said the bearings (2 of them) were only $36 each. Have any of you rebuilt this thing before, and have any simple solutions? Do any of you have one of these parts lying around that you would like to sell? Norris was trying to tell me about a spiral ring inside this thing that holds the bearings in, but I really didn't understand what he was talking about. Could really use your help on this one.
joe padberg (Joemc7ab)
Registered Member
Username: Joemc7ab

Post Number: 337
Posted From: 66.38.159.33

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 4:30 pm:   

Buddy

I donot know which one you have. Prevost uses both Superior and Boston Gear. It should be less costly to rebuild yourself than any other route you might wish to take. Your "Da Book" will have all the information you require.

Joe.
Luvrbus (Luvrbus)
Registered Member
Username: Luvrbus

Post Number: 674
Posted From: 74.32.92.133

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 6:18 pm:   

Buddy, tell me what fan setup you have a Rockford,Bendix or the Carlson.If you are talking about the anti-rotational spring that would be a Bendix setup and you need a Waldes tool # 6500 to remove it. good luck and let me know if I can help.If you go to the Bendix site and look at FD-2 Torquemaster Fan Clutch they will have picture of the break down and most of the time if you type waldes 6500 it will bring it up

(Message edited by luvrbus on March 24, 2009)

(Message edited by luvrbus on March 24, 2009)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration