Search function Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » April 2009 » Search function « Previous Next »

David Evans (Dmd)
Registered Member
Username: Dmd

Post Number: 293
Posted From: 96.232.132.135

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 1:39 pm:   

having trouble getting the search function to work, nothing comes up no matter what subject. i used to get a million threads and would weed thru them. Anyone else used it lately? Thanks
Ian Giffin (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1199
Posted From: 24.239.13.27

Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 2:48 pm:   

Hi David,

I just did a search for "brakes" and got 64 pages of results. I don't want to get too basic here, but you have cleared your browser's cache, right?

Ian
www.busnut.com
David Evans (Dmd)
Registered Member

Post Number: 294

Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 6:18 pm:   

Thanks for the quick reply Mr Boss of bosses. When it comes to computors you cant get to basic with me! I would say i havent cleared my browser since i have no idea what it means. Sorry.
Ian Giffin (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1201
Posted From: 24.239.13.27

Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 9:03 pm:   

Hi David,

No need to apologize. Computers and the internet are complicated if you don't use them as an every day tool. I'm going to try to walk you through this. You'll be an expert after I'm done with you :-)

What internet browser are you using? It'll be something like Foxfire or Internet Explorer.

Ian
www.busnut.com
David Evans (Dmd)
Registered Member

Post Number: 296

Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 7:46 pm:   

Hey Ian i tried the help section and thought i was on to something but nope! I am pretty sure its Internet exploder! I went to settings like help indicated and tried but again... so thanks in advance
David Evans (Dmd)
Registered Member

Post Number: 302
Posted From: 173.77.212.104

Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 10:42 pm:   

Ok i got it to work on Saturday during the rain storm and spent over 3 hours researching and remembering all the old names and enjoying the old posts and even getting the info i was looking for. It seems as tho it was a error on my part and not the computor or anything else that i can tell it was just pretty dumb of me from what i can figure.which means i have no idea what i WAS doing wrong but now i am not or i wasent saturday. I better check again! Thanks everyone for the ideas and help.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration