Block number check... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » April 2009 » Block number check... « Previous Next »

Jim Gibson (River_rat)
Registered Member
Username: River_rat

Post Number: 20
Posted From: 75.95.96.192

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 10:49 pm:   

Hi everybody. RJ Long did my vin check on my PD 4104-3509 ( Thsnk You!)and came up with this :
FYI, according to my GMC delivery roster, PD4104-3509 was delivered new in March of 1958 (not 1959) as fleet number M-805 to Missouri, Kansas & Oklahoma Coach Lines, based in Tulsa, OK.
In another post, don't remember who or when, someone said they could do an engine check to see if the block was original, and thats what I am hoping for. Anyway, thats my bus number, and it's a 6-71 and the block number seems to be #5111434. Also stamped into the block are letters "CFD" and to other number sets, "65" and "62".

You folks are wonderfull! By the way I am elbow deep in changing all my fluids, scrubbing the engine and giving her a fresh paint job, fixing all things mechanical and electrical as best I can before I start to any driving. Love it!
Thanks, Jim

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration