2000 mile "Home Run" Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » April 2009 » 2000 mile "Home Run" « Previous Next »

Glenn F Campbell (Gfcgfc1)
Registered Member
Username: Gfcgfc1

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 63.214.229.48

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 11:25 pm:   

Hello , I've never posted befor but have been 'lurking' and reading the archives etc. Purchased an MCI MC-7 shell.It was converted had a fire now basically a gutted shell , works for me. The one small issue is it is in N.Jackson Ohio near Pittsburgh PA and I live in Tempe / Phoenix Arizona . 2k trip new to me unit big shakedown trip! How can I shrink a photo to get it small to post? Will have more pressing questions later I'm sure. Pick it up this Sunday in Ohio to drive back .Looking forward to hearing from all ya'll Glenn
Paul Lawry (Dreamscape)
Registered Member
Username: Dreamscape

Post Number: 468
Posted From: 64.40.215.188

Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 11:43 pm:   

Welcome Glenn, Just size it to what it says in the Help/Instructions locataed at the bottom of the Forum Page. It might take a few tries, but you'll get it. If not send I@n a PM.

I bought our Eagle in Shelby Ohio and drove it to Burbank CA in 03, so I know what excitement you have in store for you. Just pack some tools, a manual and make sure your cell phone is charged in case you run into trouble.

Good Luck,

~Paul~
Bill Laird (Billaird99)
Registered Member
Username: Billaird99

Post Number: 14
Posted From: 24.163.34.244

Posted on Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 6:40 am:   

I downloaded the software from this site.

www.irfanview.com

It will take any picture on your PC and can re-size to whatever size you want among a long list of other things it can do to pictures. Good luck with the trip.

Bill
Tim (Timkar)
Registered Member
Username: Timkar

Post Number: 125
Posted From: 24.64.223.203

Posted on Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 10:11 am:   

Good luck with the trip. I know the feeling, we did 2800 miles across Canada in March 2005. Had a few problems, but was a great trip. My son still talks about it to this day. Hopefully you will have someone to share the adventure with.
Ian Giffin (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1216
Posted From: 24.239.12.139

Posted on Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 1:01 pm:   

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for contributing and welcome to BNO!

Please feel free to send me your photo(s) for resizing for the site.

Best regards,

Ian
www.busnut.com
Clint Hunter (Truthhunter)
Registered Member
Username: Truthhunter

Post Number: 148
Posted From: 24.129.235.190

Posted on Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 5:37 pm:   

the best prep for trip, preparedness wise, in a unknown coach, beyond the mechanic inspection is a good tow insurance and a cell phone.
macgyver (91flyer)
Registered Member
Username: 91flyer

Post Number: 353
Posted From: 74.193.225.134

Posted on Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 8:55 pm:   

You could also post to Flickr and let it do the resizing for you.... No software (other than your browser) needed. ^.^

-Mac
Peter River (Whitebus)
Registered Member
Username: Whitebus

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 208.54.94.23

Posted on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 1:11 am:   

My first ever trip in my bus was 2300+ miles, and it was an unforgettable adventure.

Anticipate a breakdown or two, bring a camera/video, and buy stuff along the way (and stay at all the walmarts) and it will be something you will always remember.
Patrick levenson (Zubzub)
Registered Member
Username: Zubzub

Post Number: 83
Posted From: 76.66.200.204

Posted on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 7:09 am:   

Bring money :-) and patience.
macgyver (91flyer)
Registered Member

Post Number: 356

Posted on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 5:24 pm:   

As Peter said... Anticipate a breakdown... At least once.

I'll also say that I was VERY glad to have taken my own video camera with me, as it was invaluable in diagnosing why in the heck I lost 3rd and 4th gear at the same time... That's still something I need to fix more permanently... Zip ties only hold for so long. LOL...

Patrick's advice is good too... Whatever you think it's going to cost you for fuel, food and "stuff" on the trip back... Double it. It'll give you a nice buffer zone, but... Anything major will sink you... Not a fun feeling when you don't know anything useful about your bus yet....

Noone wants to get ya down about your new adventure... But... Practicality and reality often overshadow the dream on your first trip... A distance this far certainly counts. ;)

Good luck, and many of us have posted our numbers on the board... Might want to look for them and keep 'em handy!

-Mac
R.C.Bishop (Chuckllb)
Registered Member
Username: Chuckllb

Post Number: 645
Posted From: 70.212.253.115

Posted on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 10:47 pm:   

Methinks Clint had GREAT advice....and if you don't want to carry a pocketfull of cash...a Credit card...or two.

Things happen...:-(:-)...not a "cheap hobby".:-(

BUT...., chances are....you'll LUV it! :-) :-)

RCB
macgyver (91flyer)
Registered Member

Post Number: 357

Posted on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 10:59 pm:   

lol... R.C.... I'm sure you're aware of most of my misadventures with the various buses I've gone to get.... No matter how many four letter words streamed from my wretched mouth along the way with every breakdown... I always ended up home... Most of the time because of someone here that decided to answer my calls of help while on the side of the road. ;)

The most important things I can say is... Take your time. Keep your cool. Don't be afraid to ask for help, and... Most importantly... DON'T PANIC!

-Mac

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration