Tv converter/receiver Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » July 2009 » Tv converter/receiver « Previous Next »

John Lacey (Junkman42)
Registered Member
Username: Junkman42

Post Number: 91
Posted From: 69.19.14.31

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 9:51 am:   

Does anyone recall a article about a tv receiver/converter that provides a hdmi output for a computer monitor? Thanks ,John
Chuck Newman (Chuck_newman)
Registered Member
Username: Chuck_newman

Post Number: 381
Posted From: 99.153.84.192

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 2:25 pm:   

John,

I did some Google searching and found the following on a site with the same question:

"By law, boxes that are eligible for the $40 coupon must only provide composite or s-video output. Their purpose is to help people with old TVs.
However, there should be other set-top boxes that have hdmi or component for HD-ready TVs."

I don't know about the validity of the "by law" comment, but it makes sense in that a simple converter box manufacturer would not want to spend extra dollars for a digital output most users with analog TV tuners would not be able to use.

That said, I found several VGA-to-HDMI converters during the search. Try searching "ATSC to HDMI" and variations of that.

I have found if you search long and hard under various descriptions, you generally will find what you want. Good luck.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration