Fantastic Fan Vs Kool-A-Matic Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Fantastic Fan Vs Kool-A-Matic « Previous Next »

Chuck MC8 (68.158.2.122)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 5:12 pm:   

I have a Fantastic Fan and a Kool-A-Matic and can't decide which one to use. Any Opinions or experience regarding these units?
Dale Fleener (66.81.139.121)

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 6:36 pm:   

Chuck, the Fantastic Fan has a very good history behind it. If things go wrong, break or wear out the company will (usually, haven't seen it fail) send you new parts at no charge. It is a very quiet, smooth working fan. This is the one I would use for these reasons. To be fair, I haven't had much contact with the Kool-A-Matic.

HTH, Dale MC8
FAST FRED (67.75.103.111)

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 5:35 am:   

Your comparring Apples & Oranges.

The Fantastic is a very quiet low amp unit suitable for being on all day. Great in a moderate climate.

The Kool A Matic is a huge amp draw , with great blast of air below.

More suitable someplace where its hot all day & cools off at night , and you want to change the air in the coach very rapidly to capture the evning cool.

What do you NEED?

FAST FRED
John G Root Jr (Johnroot) (66.82.9.12)

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 9:13 am:   

I like the company behind Fantanstic Fan, they want you to be happy and they help solve problems such as the curved roof of the bus!
John G Root Jr
4106-1638
Henry Draper (12.82.142.76)

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 11:34 am:   

I have a Kool-A-Matic--don't know anything about Fantastic Fan. I'm very happy with the Kool-A-Matic.

The Kool-A-Matic has a very large fan and moves lots and lots of air! I use it more often than I use the air conditioner!!

It also has a slow speed that allows you to leave it on for a very long time.

The people I bought my bus from said when it was hot at night, they'd just crack a window open, turn the Kool-A-Matic on (on low) and sleep quite comfortably. I've found that to be true.

So, although I admittedly have no experience with the Fantastic Fan, I think of it as a small version of the Kool-A-Matic. The Kool-A-Matic (on low) can do what the Fantastic Fan can, but the Fantastic Fan can't do what the Kool-A-Matic can (on high).

Just look at the size difference of the fans!

I've never found the power draw to be an issue.

Good Luck,

Henry Draper
'64 Eagle
Edmonds, WA
Geoff (Geoff) (66.238.121.0)

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 12:27 pm:   

I have two Fantastic Fans-- one in the bedroom and one above the shower in the bathroom. They use a multi-blade fan, three speed switch, reverse direction switch, and optional thermostat and rain sensor. Having two is nice-- I found I can set the bedroom one to blow in and the bathroom one to discharge and it draws the heat etc. right out of the bus-- more air flow than cracking a window.

--Geoff
'82 RTS CA
califbob (165.247.225.194)

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:15 am:   

Had my Fantasic for somewhere around15 years in my 04. Never had to buy apart just call and they end it free . If at an FMCA convention they will even install, free cant beat free.
bob
Gary Carter (67.0.81.188)

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 1:17 pm:   

I've had Fantastic fans for years. One use that is not mentioned is the fact they can blow in. By closing all windows and running the fantastics you can pressurize your coach. Keeps down the dust inside if on a gravel road.
brandon s owen (Brando) (65.230.154.120)

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 5:56 pm:   

what about the "super-fan" ive read that they move ALOT of air at very low amps. 960sfm i think
ive been wrong before, but i think thats about correct

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration