Bus is running but the rabbit died Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Bus is running but the rabbit died « Previous Next »

bobm (64.12.96.235)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 - 10:45 pm:   

I have a unique 4104 all electric conversion. It has a 2-53 detroit that runs a 15kw generator, a 115 amp alternator, an a/c compressor, an air compressor, and a hydraulic pump. The hydraulic pump runs several hydraulic motors including the large 36" fan for the a/c condensor and the 2-53's radiator. On start up I heard a loud thump and the system shut down (later i found out the low hydraulic oil sensor had shut it down) A rabbit tried to jump through the spinning fan got caught mid line between fan and support bracket and stopped the fan cold. Pressure surge popped the line, should have installed a pressure relief valve. But i finally got a new line made and installed it. Bus is again up and running Rabbit didn't make it and i put it in the freezer until i see one of those vw top bus conversions and i'll donate dinner to them
Bob Wood (4.63.54.251)

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 1:15 am:   

silly wabbit...
Chris (157.130.118.2)

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 10:36 am:   

he must have seen that scene from "The Rock.." ..Too bad he's not as suave as Sean Connery..
Henry R. Bergman, Jr. (Henryofcj) (209.210.116.27)

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 4:15 pm:   

Here I thought you were going to talk about your VW Rabbit Diesel Toad that had died. Silly me. Would you like to have my ROAD KILL CAFE tee shirt I am wearing as I speak? (type?) :) :) Henry of CJ
Mike Stabler (Docdezl) (64.255.109.147)

Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 12:31 am:   

FWIW A Farm tractor repair shop had a 2/53 powering a 20kw. That provided them with the only tractor shop with A/C in August in Indiana in 99 degree mornings.

They started out with using waste oil heater to heat the shop. Then they hired an Amish mechanic from pennsylvania. He proposed that they do a gen set and power the shop on waste oil. One thing lead to another and........

Going back to Penn. with a flat bed and returned to Indiana with myirad 2/53 gens and pumps (15 or 16) and home made noodels.

They plumed the 2/53/gen (well worn) with a "T" fiting into the waste oil tanks shared with furnace(engine,trans,hydrolic,some fuel and ??) then 30 feet of 3" exhaust pipe and remote wire box.

After 3 months of 50 hour work weeks they droped back to the smallest injectors. Oil was dripping out of the exhaust.

Requires a little work but having A/C and lights and NOT paying $.50 a gal. to have the waste oil hauled away.

smoke,rattle and,sttink......docdezl

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration