Hot tub?? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Hot tub?? « Previous Next »

Greg-Claudia (65.29.64.100)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 7:32 am:   

Hello all
working on my next bus :)
looking good:)
I been kicking around in my head to put a hot tub down in bay. that would slide out and in.it would be nice to stop and be able to sit in a hot tub. after driving all day >>>DUMB or not?? would it make a good selling point???
I know you would lose one bay and you would have the weight of it too
FEEDBACK
won't be long now :) will be for sale soon :)
thanks
greg & claudia
JohnC (12.106.198.68)

Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 9:45 am:   

From a resale standpoint I wouldn't recommend it. You might be significantly reducing your market base.

From a weight and space standpoint, why not purchase one of the inflatable ones available through assorted RV ads. JohnC
jmaxwell (66.42.92.20)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 12:50 am:   

U stay in a park with a spa and pool! Cheaper, easier, more room in the bays for the beer.
CoryDaneRTSIIIL (4.17.253.87)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 3:11 pm:   

How would you plan to carry the water required for a hot tub? then the cost of energy to heat the tub up after you fill it. You cant store it with water in it, it will all slosh out so where are you gonna store all that water for transport? Sounds like a lot of wasted space to me. cd
FAST FRED (67.75.113.39)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 3:29 pm:   

So far I have yet to visit a coach (of folks really on the road) that had not filled the BATH TUB with all sorts of stuff.

I think a hot tub would suffer the same fate.

Great thought ,with non workable reality.

FAST FRED
Chris (68.61.104.53)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 3:47 pm:   

With a full hookup, you would be able to fill and drain the jacuzzi when you got to the site, but boondocking would make that impossible. Of course, like JMaxwell saif, you could go to a park that had one, but who knows... wait a sec, everyone knows.. what else is in them. As far as resell value is concerned, I agree with those that say if you like it, then it's right. It would be awesome to pull onsite and hit a switch that would slide a hot tub (bay door and all) right out of the side of the coach. It would be a guaranteed success and one heck of a head turner at an FMCA rally. I love the positive criticism that people give me on this board, it keeps the unrealistic dreams "in check." But hey... you only live once! (and i'll bet the ones who shout "wacko" the loudest would be the first to ask to take a dip!)

good luck to you,

Chris
Erich (216.132.61.162)

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 12:32 pm:   

Many years ago, a friend made a Jacuzzi trailer.

He had a little 4 person hot tub. He mounted it on one of those 4x8 foot Home Depot utility trailers.
He added a second axle and wheels. When finished it looked just like a mining ore cart. He made a lid with a thick foam insert on the bottom. This was all fiberglassed for strength and waterproof. The inside of the lid was just an inch or so above the water level. The lid was held on with a 3 inch ratcheting nylon tiedown. The whole thing was insulated spray Urethane foam. He could preheat the water at home and then drive to a campsite and the water would still be warm. The original electric heater was still installed for places with electricity, but most times he used the backup system. This was a 12 volt bait tank circulating pump, 1 12volt deep cycle marine battery, 100 feet of hot water hose and a coil of EMT conduit.
He took a length of 1/2 inch EMT and coiled it up about 14 inches in diameter. He would throw that in a campfire and circulate water thru it. Within an hour we would have 105 degree water for soaking in after a long motorcycle ride in the desert.

With the close fitting lid, sloshing was a non problem.
Greg-Claudia (65.29.64.100)

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 8:32 pm:   

Well good to see the feedback on this.
But you could fill it and not have to drain it all the time. you don't drain the one at home !!!
you can make a cover to keep the water in !!
yes it would be cool to see one sideout :)
just how much storage does someone need
well have a good one all
greg & claudia
Phil (204.89.170.126)

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 8:01 am:   

You don't travel with the one at home. I don't know how much water a hot tub holds but it is a lot at 8 pounds a gallon!!!
Chris (157.130.118.2)

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 4:15 pm:   

P.S.... I thought i posted it, but i guess not...

I had an afterthought. Well, that might be an exaggeration since it implies prior use of the thought process.. But, anyhow:

If you DO decide to go for it, don't forget to have some sort of physical lockout for the slide mechanism. It wouldn't be good to have the whole jacuzzi (especially the people in it) inadvertantly slide back into the bus because of a hydraulic valve failure.

Again, Good Luck to you!
Scott Whitney (66.82.9.24)

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 9:52 pm:   

Yikes, they might not find you and your party for a couple weeks until the jacuzzi-soup started to ferment.

Scott

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration