EAGLE Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » EAGLE « Previous Next »

two dogs (66.90.216.225)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 7:52 am:   

I'm converting an eagle and would like to hear ideas from other eagle owners as to where they put the 110 plug ins and how they ran elec. wires for lights. would also like to see some eagles.I'm in Amarillo,if you are passing through,please give me a couple of days notice and I will meet with you for a short visit
two dogs (66.90.216.225)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 7:59 am:   

sorry..contact me at DOSDOGS1@JUNO.COM
Ace (24.28.44.126)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 9:54 am:   

Dogs you can see some of my pics of my Eagle and others on my web site! Mine is on page 3.

click the URL or simply copy and paste it...

http://groups.msn.com/AceRossiMotorsports/motorcoaches.msnw?Page=1

Ace
Peter Broadribb (Madbrit) (216.67.210.187)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 1:37 pm:   

Excellent work Ace.

Peter.
two dogs (66.90.210.174)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 3:00 pm:   

Very pretty buses....but I still need to know if there is enough room between the wall & the outer skin to put 110 outlets & what do you do running the wire when you get to the 45 angle brace and can you remove the speakers & fish wire through for ceiling lights and what do you fasten to on the ceiling when you are putting a partition in,the "inner" ceiling skin doesn't seem sturdy enough to support a wall,and are the heater controls,the two levers to the right & in front of the gearshift ?
Ace (24.28.44.126)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 3:58 pm:   

Thanks Peter!

Dogs whoa! You have many many questions. I started by stripping the complete bus down to the frame on the inside. Nothing but framework. I insulated the whole bus starting in the rear ceiling area. I then insulated the sides. After I insulated, I installed 3/8 plywood on ceiling and walls. After that I ran 2x2 studs on all walls and around windows which gave me plenty of room for my 110 outlets and switches. On the studs I installed my finished panelling and trim. You can run your wires thru the studs just like they do in homes. I checked with an electrician before doing it. I used studs to create my doorways and finished them off just like home. In fact, at times I had to come inside to see how they were done! I'm far from being a carpenter. On the ceiling I glued 4x8 sheets of fibreboard found at HD and used the necessary trim to seperate each panel. It is bright white with a texture look and very easy to clean! It also doesn't require as much lighting to brighten up the coach. The window trim was made in the shop and installed to the existing 2x2 studs. Susan hand made the curtains and they hang behind the window trim. She also did all of the cushions on the dinette and LR chairs, not to mention the VERY long curtain surrounding the front window. On the floor I used carpet in the BR and LR and on the sides of the entrance steps since it was free. On the steps and the removeable panel as you enter I installed Vinyl plank which looks like wood but isn't. It is also in the kitchen and bath and is layed on a 45degree angle just to be a little different. It was free too! The shower was purchased from HD and is a neo-angle that had to be custom fit by ME so it would fit at the curve. That's another story by itself and you can't guess what you can find at that HD that will work and look like it was made for it! Plastic fence post! Never would think it would work but with a little ingenuity, anything can and will work! It's nothing fancy nor professional but it works for me and Susan... well some day it will! At the moment it is in the shop having the fuel tank removed to install new sending unit and new floor under the tank along with the new dash and VDO gauges and switches! Next will be the siding which is already in but not on!

As for the heater switches? Mine are still where they were but don't know why since they down't work! The bus heat and air was removed long ago! Maybe even the first to go!

Sorry this is sooo long but you asked!

Thanks again
Ace & Susan
01 Eagle
David & Lorna Schinske (Davidschinske) (64.24.236.154)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 4:17 pm:   

You need to get Dave Galey's Bus Converter's Bible. It doesn't answer all your questions but it's a good basic reference book. Start there first. There is alot of work to get to the point you are talking about. Make sure you have absolutely decided on your floor plan & drawn it out to scale. It's easier to make changes on paper than for real. We stripped our Eagle 05 down to the frame (gotta get all the rust out first). Aside from some engine work and removing what was left of the old AC unit, we haven't done much more to it. When David gets back to NC in a couple of weeks, he will start back on it..caps & roof raise. At the end of summer it will come home..hopefully.

Lorna
two dogs (66.90.217.29)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 4:45 pm:   

I don't have the time or the money to rip out the walls& shim everything 2" out...when I was a little kid..my grandfathers house(not origionaly wired)had rectangular tan metal strips run alond the baseboard & up to the lightswitch...is that stuff still available ? I'm not near as rich as most of you busnuts,also,I spend the winters in the Rio grande valley..so..got till November to get this done..can wire be fished through the speaker holes for ceiling lights?and those two levers,are they the heater controls?
Jim Stacy (12.87.108.237)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 5:29 pm:   

What you are thinking of is called Wiremold. It is available at HD, Lowes or Menards. You might find it easier to run the wiring through a chase such as the overhead cupboards. You don't have to use the deep boxes used in a house and they don't need to be wired through the walls ahead of time. Using "house" construction can lose a lot of interior space. Think outside the box.

Where in the valley are you staying? We Winter in Rio Hondo.
two dogs (66.90.216.171)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 6:40 pm:   

I've been staying in Donna...before that Port Isabel & San juan. spent many years driveing a bigtruck,four days east,four days west..yuk. believe I'll just stay in Texas,occasionally go to the Chickasha antique swap meet..(have many old cars) '50 mercury,'49 plymoth,'40 Packard,'76Cad.,58 two ton..on & on
Darryl (68.184.122.103)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 9:02 pm:   

Ace, what did you use the plastic fence post on? Sounds like a nifty idea.
Darryl (68.184.122.103)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 9:16 pm:   

Sorry Ace, I also wanted to ask you about your ceiling. I'm especially interested in that. I'm going to be doing mine as soon as I get the plywood up on it. If you don't mind, email me direct. I'd like to find out more details.

Thanks,
Darryl Howell
Smyrna GA
Ace (24.28.44.126)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 9:31 pm:   

Darryl, if you go to my site and go to motor coaches, then page 3 I think you will find a picture of our neo-angle shower that is situated up against the wall with the curved ceiling. Our bus is not raised so the shower would not fit against the curve. I had to fabricate a section tomatch the rest of the frame of the shower. I needed 4 inches and the plastic fence post was just that. It looks like it came with the shower. Reason is the striaght glass would not go against the wall with the curve so I had to angle that section down which brought it away from the wall. The fence post merely filled in the space!

As for the ceiling material? I got it HD and it is a little pricey at 25 bucks a sheet but it is exactly what we wanted as far as light colored and easy to put up! Liquid nail and it's up there for the last 1 1/2 years in the heat of Florida without any major problems. Ok I missed a spot or two while gluing it up and it shows, BUT only if your looking for it! :)

Ace
Tony H. (Bluegrass) (216.207.2.130)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 9:36 pm:   

Hey Ace
If you dont mind, did you raise the roof on the 01
also what do you have for an engine, I have been thinking on a 8.3 cummins, and have already bought a truck with the 8.3 and an Allison 5 speed
Thank you
Tony
Ace (24.28.44.126)

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 11:22 pm:   

Tony our Eagle is stock height and powered. None of that has been changed. Only body changes are the windows which are now one piece model 10 dual pane type and model 10 caps front and rear! Model 10 bumpers/corners and exterior lighting. Other than that, a one piece door was also fabricated. You could almost say I have a model 10 with a front drive axle. :)

Ace
Don KS/TX (65.141.166.211)

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 6:51 am:   

Hey Two Dogs, I have a house in La Feria for the winter also, come and see me sometime!
Besides Jim Stacy, Greg Roberts is a RGV person too!
two dogs (66.90.217.225)

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 10:55 am:   

sounds great,write me at dosdogs1@juno.com
give me your name address & phone

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration