Williams air throttle Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Williams air throttle « Previous Next »

A . Booker (209.209.198.27)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 8:39 am:   

We finished installing our rebuilt 8v92 and 740 Allison in our 69 Eagle.We are installing a Williams air throttle does the supply air to the foot control need to be regulated if so what air pressure thank for any help.A Booker
Bill Gerrie (216.185.72.14)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 9:05 am:   

A Booker
You do not need to reduce the air pressure. A lot of times it is hooked to the suspension air supply but the draw back to this is you have no throttle till you get at least 30 lbs in the tank. I put mine in the secondary tank so I don't wait to long till it works. Another thing you have to watch is at the transmission end. You put a tee in the line in the engine compartment that has equal length of line to the slave cyl that operates the accelerator and the same length to the transmission modulator from the tee. I didn't realize this till I read the paper that came with the new modulator valve that I put in. The air throttle works great. Hardly any foot pressure needed. I put in a cruise control and hooked it to the foot control part of the air accelerator and it works great. Hope this helps you. Bill

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration