Mc9 Peninsula Insert Windows Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Mc9 Peninsula Insert Windows « Previous Next »

Gary Crider (208.155.75.4)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 4:54 pm:   

I am getting ready to order Peninsula insert windows.I would like to know if anyone has installed then and did you have any problems.I would also like to know if you were doing it over,wouldyou get single or insulated windows. Thanks
Bill K. (209.173.122.21)

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 7:28 pm:   

I installed Peninsula windows in a MC8, They where
insulated windows, I did not want to take the chance, and then it would be to late. They where not hard to install, I did have to do a little trimming but came out real nice.
Tony H. (Bluegrass) (216.207.2.98)

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 8:55 pm:   

Gary
I Installed Peninsula windows In In an MCI-7 and they was very easy, I wished I had spent the extra and put In Insulated windows.
Tony
esthergater (63.187.240.219)

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 2:39 am:   

We are going up there Wed. (June 18th) to get 2 insulated slider windows installed in our MC9. We had the single pane installed in our GMC 4108, we loved the windows, but wished they had been the insulated. We will let you know how it turns out.
BTW, Peninsula Glass does do a very nice sliding window (single pane) for the large D windows in the GMC buses. Ours was the first one they did, and it was wonderful.

Esthergater
ED-NJ (67.85.224.113)

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 8:20 pm:   

Gary - Peninsula windows are easy to install. I started installing my windows in the back of the bus first, working forward. I could feel the difference between the original bus windows and the Peninsula double pane windows immediately. I could feel the heat from the original windows, yet I didn't feel any heat from the Peninsula windows. There's a BIG difference. Any problems, and they have a technical hot line that will guide you through it. The dual panes are definitely worth it compared to the single pane. If you're going with the MC9 insert windows, I would suggest doing it yourself and taking the time to clean and repaint the frames as well as changing the weather seals. Good luck!
Doug (68.83.22.146)

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 12:42 pm:   

ESTHERGATER,

could you please meial me pics of your D window sliders.

I had not hear of these
Doug
Dale MC8 (66.81.135.66)

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 8:23 pm:   

Esthergater, Can u put those pix here so we can all see them? I just called and asked about sliders on the D windows of my MC8 and was told, 'No such thing exists". TIA
Dale MC8

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration