Scam Alert Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Scam Alert « Previous Next »

SOLOMON HOSE (Shose) (12.80.78.53)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 3:12 am:   

There are scammers who represent themselves to be from the UK. They will agree to purchase your bus shipping and all. The scam is they will send you a third party check from someone "they claim" lives in US that owes them money. The check is for more than the value of the bus -or whatever you are selling. You are supposed to cash the check and wire balance to an account indicated by them. The trick is the check they sent you is counterfiet. What they are hoping you will do is deposit their check in your account and send them the balance before their check clears . What I plan to do is turn what I know about them over to the FBI and, hopefully, if others do likewise we can put a crimp in their illegal activities.
Peter Broadribb (Madbrit) (170.215.36.143)

Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 4:08 am:   

The same scam has been going around the Hot Rod internet sales websites for sometime, but these "Purchasers" started their scamming from Africa and Italy. Same sort of M.O. with slightly different reasons given for the extra money that they want returned. Seems the scammers are moving around the world. The guys who were the sellers have reported all the dealings to the FBI, but apparently they will not act until someone is actually ripped-off..... Go figure.

If anyone receives anything like this, I would still report it to the FBI but also to the British Authorities via a British Consulate.
toddVP (Tvp) (63.122.65.97)

Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 1:30 pm:   

Hey ...

I got hit from the original version of this scam .. Nigeria .. MAKE sure you go ahead and sound interested and get them to send you the check !! They fedex it from thier HOME country .. in this case Nigeria !! cost them about $50 US !! that'll slow them down a bunch !!! :) $50 from ALL of us :) !!
Dale MC8 (66.81.130.77)

Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 8:09 pm:   

I just got an alert from The American Kitefliers Association about this same scam. My Gawd, how low can you get? Scamming kiteflying bus converters? Shame.

Dale MC8

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration