Scania bus good for conversion???? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Scania bus good for conversion???? « Previous Next »

Peter Broadribb (Madbrit) (65.37.90.28)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 1:51 pm:   

Does anyone have any imput on mid-80s 40ft 2 axle Scania buses for conversion? I have seen one which has a Scania/Saab engine with a 6 speed auto, the owner thinks it may be a Scania auto tranny too.

Top speed? Cruising speed? Any known problems? Parts availability? I assume that airbags should be common to most? Owner says Mack used the motor at one time, it has a 6 cylinder turbo and tranny across the back. Thanks.

Peter.
Jim Stacy (12.87.109.222)

Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 10:05 pm:   

I rode a Scania bus in Mexico this Winter. It was an intercity style and rode and handled just great. The driver claimed it was not government approved for sale in the US but he did cross the border with it. He stayed in the 10 mile zone by the border. Don't know if it would be allowed or licensed in the US. I know several US made buses are not allowed in Canada. Not much info, just something to check.

Jim Stacy
Peter Broadribb (Madbrit) (65.37.90.28)

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 12:51 am:   

The wife came home from work and did not like the 5ft 7in ceiling height in the bedroom or some of the decor, so that is that.

Was cheap enough too and all converted.

Thanks to all for their comments.

Peter.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration