Major Computer Crash at BNO!! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » June 2003 » Major Computer Crash at BNO!! « Previous Next »

Ian Giffin (Admin) (64.228.55.48)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 10:55 am:   

Hi folks,

The computer which contains all our administrative functions died last week. It wasn't pretty!

Therefore, if you are expecting an ad to appear, or have a book order with us (or if you are one of our beloved commercial clients and are expecting an Invoice), please be advised that there will be a delay in completing some of those tasks.

Regular daily backups mean that we didn't lose anything, but it also means that it is impossible to meet some of our obligations. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

As soon as our replacement arrives, we will prioritize the workload and be back up to speed in about a week or two.

All of our managed web sites are safe and sound and we can still moderate the bulletin boards.

A word to those shopping for a new computer... we love our Dell, but their technical support is in the toilet. Caveat emptor!

We'll be back! Thanks for listening!!

Regards,

Ian Giffin
www.busnut.com
Phil (204.89.170.126)

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 7:32 am:   

I have to agree with the comment on Dell support. I bought my last three PCs from them but I do not think the next one will be. Hope the replacement for yours goes well!!!
CoryDaneRTSIIIL (4.17.253.65)

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 8:29 pm:   

Gee IAN

I bought an IBM NET VISTA 40i and IBM has always been great with the support.
The only area that I think they needed to tweek up was support for upgrades. They beleive if you need something new in upgrades you should buy a machine built for it. Being the commercial supplier that they are, I think that is wise administration. I love my IBM, I dont think I'll ever go away from them again.

"Imagine Your DREAMS" cd
Ian Giffin (Admin) (209.205.26.50)

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 9:31 am:   

Hi CD,

Gotta agree with you. My last laptop was a ThinkPad and is still running strong without so much as a hiccup. Can't look at this Dell the wrong way without a strong backlash! Shoulda stuck with IBM.

Ian
www.busnut.com

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration