Where's my bus? An update Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » July 2003 » Where's my bus? An update « Previous Next »

R. TERRY (207.230.142.240)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 1:37 am:   

My last contact with the Phoenix Police about my stolen RTS was after the second detective retired and a new one was assigned to my case. (I guess that would be extremely hard to prove!) Because I had to start over from the very beginning for a third time, I left a detailed message on his voicemail and specifically requested a personal interview to discuss the case and all the info I had collected on my own.

I never got a response.

The night I drove the other RTS down to Mom’s, I was standing at the parts counter of my friendly local Williams Detroit Diesel dealer trying to buy some antifreeze. I love their hours: Open until Midnight.

I was drinking one of their complimentary Cokes while the only other customer and I waited, and waited, and waited…and waited for customer assistance. Still great hours, though, so no complaints. My cell phone rang. On the other end was the belligerent, aggravated, unmistakably disturbed voice of Randall Ford Rubin. He was shouting at me. I guess he had good reason to be.

The previous week I sent him a quazi ultimatum, being careful not to accuse him of anything. (I figured, why not? The Police aren’t doing a damn thing. I should at least try to force the issue and see what happens.) In my letter I said that if he arranges to have my bus returned to me, I will forget about the whole thing and that will be the end of it. I went on to say that I am not without resources and will otherwise continue the investigation until I find out who stole my bus.

He was furious. His shouting went on for several minutes. In a very calm voice I asked him if he knew where my bus was. Yelling, he said he didn’t steal it! Continuing to be calm, I asked him if he could help me get it back, that all I was interested in was having him help me find it and return it to me. He went into threat mode. I couldn’t help myself, I laughed out loud. Every time I talk to this guy, he threatens me. His end went silent for just a moment. “You think this is FUNNY?” Apparently he thought I didn’t hear him. “YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!!!!”

What could I say? It was a one-way conversation from that point on as he yelled his threats. “You’re in BIG trouble! You’re not going to get away with this! My lawyer is going to SUE you for all you’re worth, and I hope you’re WORTH A LOT OF MONEY and you have A LOT OF STUFF because I am going to GET IT ALL!”

A week later, I got something from him instead: a Notice to Appear at a hearing for a Restraining Order from the Court of the City of Mesa. I received it by mail several days after the hearing date, so I lost by default. Apparently, I am to stop my harassment of Randall Ford Rubin, by Order of the Court.

That doesn’t change a thing. He is still the primary material witness in the theft of a privately owned RTS transit bus. No Court Order can change that.

As George W. would say, “Bring it on!”

R. TERRY
jmaxwell (66.42.92.17)

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 1:45 am:   

And that cute little remark didn't seem to accomplish anything for George except bring him more trouble than he knows what to do with! But look at it this way, if Randall Ford Rubin sues u he may end up owning the bus he may have stolen from u, in which case, he gains nothing and u lose nothing. See, it all comes out even in the end.
Casual Observer (207.109.1.73)

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 7:57 am:   

Shoot, the courts, judges, and lawyers in Phoenix are so corrupt that all you have to do is flash a few bribe-bucks and you can change the outcome of your case to whatever you wish. I suspect the Phoenix Police work the same way.

By the way, if you weren't properly served, you can probably have that order vacated by the court.
Johnny (63.159.152.44)

Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 1:34 pm:   

Doesn't a Notice to Appear have to be delivered either personally or by registered mail to be valid?
Jayjay (198.81.26.104)

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 1:34 am:   

A Notice to Appear has to have a 30 day grace from the time of filing 'til the hearing. (Ohio & FL) I suppose the UCC covers it. Ask Marc Bourget, he's a legal guru. ...JJ

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration