Wind power anyone? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » July 2003 » Wind power anyone? « Previous Next »

Greg Roberts (Gregeagle20) (24.175.223.137)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 8:12 pm:   

Is anyone using wind generators for auxillary power? I am weighing wind against solar and my primary purpose is to keep the batteries properly charged while the bus waits for my next trip.
Doug (68.83.22.146)

Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 8:30 pm:   

I have two smaller solar pannels......batteries have nevery held up better

Doug
Earl-8-Ky (207.162.163.19)

Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 10:34 pm:   

I use a marine 10 amp charger that goes to a float charge when the batts are charged. I have 6 12 volt gell cell and I like them. Never have to worry about water.
Doug (68.83.22.146)

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 6:51 am:   

Charger is great but if you don't have shore power available then I would go with solar.......From my assumptions......chances are you will get more continuos sun power than enough wind power unless you live in Tehachappi CA or similar place with a constant wind source
CaSteve (208.19.55.88)

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 1:16 pm:   

The only one I have seen for rv use was while camping on the central Cal coast, there was one temporarilly mounted on a neighboring unit. The propeller was so loud it was annoying, and not too many things annoy me. You stated the purpose was to keep a surface charge while at home, so you don't have to worry 'bout the campground disturbance, but be preparred for a comment from momma at home. My suggestion would be to see one in operation before biting the bullet. In all fairness, the one I saw(heard) could have been homemade using the wrong propeller. Good luck, Steve

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration