4104 airbags Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » August 2003 » 4104 airbags « Previous Next »

GaelicForce (67.168.49.157)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 9:03 pm:   

I need information on ordering airbags. I was having a problem with air pressure. While I was having my oil changed I mentioned it and the mechanic said he would look and told me my airbag was bad. Luckily the bus had come with a spare when I bought it this winter and he installed it. The leak was worse and he told me that it was bad too. I ask him where it was leaking and he told me he wasn't sure but he thought he could feel air around it. He had never heard of using soapy water to check for leaks. I demonstrated and found it was leaking around the top and bottom. He reinstalled it glueing the top and bottom and next day still leaking. Than they ordered an air bag at $150 and when it came in two days later it had a metal plate at both ends. Mine looks like an hourglass, but open at both ends. The parts guy called and said that was the only kind available and we shoud have our bus adapted to fit. In the meantime I remembered that until he installed the 2nd airbag the mechanic did not know how to check for leaks and I felt we were losing more air than the tiny leak would account for, so I started checking, while they were calling and found that when I had the copilots chair installed, my helper had screwed into the air channel. I plugged it and had them put the 1st airbag back on--no leak and we were on our way $295 poorer. I was originally charged for 17 hours shop time for trouble shooting. I explained that there wasn't trouble until they had taken a perfectly good airbag off because the mechanic didn't know how to check for a leak. So we settled.
Anyway, I know there are a lot of 4104's out there. Did they just not know where to look or has everyone changed for the new airbags?
We are in Tacoma WA just a little south of Seattle. Any place aroung here to get them.
Michael J
two dogs (67.30.23.43)

Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 9:54 pm:   

I know alot of people are fixin' to start whineing,but I'm going to say it anyway..I always run tire sealer in them,take off your hose & squirt some into the bag..if that doesn't fix a small leak,THEN buy new airbags
John Rigby (24.174.236.244)

Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 7:11 am:   

No need to change over bags alays avalible.Call Luke and also get tchnical help 888 coach 34
John
Tuck-04 (64.53.32.112)

Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 10:19 pm:   

I got all My air bags from Mohawk, Mfg
Try 1-800-323-7652

Tuck

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration