4106 fuel gauge Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » September 2003 » 4106 fuel gauge « Previous Next »

Bob Baldwin (Bob4106) (66.56.100.54)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 8:01 pm:   

I'm looking at a 61 4106 gm . I know they don't have a fuel gauge. I was wondering if the fuel tank has a place for a fuel sender unit or will that have to be modify to do that ? Also any one know of a place to buy a fuel gauge and the sender unit to do all of that ? Or is their more to all that?
thanks
Frank Allen (64.12.96.235)

Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 12:36 am:   

JC whitney has the sender and the gauge at a low price, there was a place to put the sender in the top of the tank, as best i rember i had to drill a few holes to make the screws line up but it was a very fast and easy job, i bought a second one for my gen set tank, both work flawlessly for several years now the sender is adjustable to adapt to the tank size , i did not have to remove the tank
Frank Allen
Grant Goold (65.73.182.128)

Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 1:30 am:   

I just completed the task on a 4517 (1961) I purchased the entire kit from ISSPRO. They were very helpful. I gave them dimensions of the tank and they send the sending unit and the corresponding gauge. Installed easily once the tank was dropped, steam cleaned and a new gasket was placed around the fuel fill neck assembly. Dirty job! but better than the stick.

Good luck. I think ISSPROINC.com is the place to go.
Daris B (209.67.181.129)

Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 4:02 pm:   

I also installed a fuel gauge in my 4106.
http://home1.gte.net/res07rfl/4106/fuelgauge.htm

I have heard that some tanks have the hole in the top of the tank already. Mine did not. I had already purchased a Stewart Warner fuel gauge and a Centroid Products sender. I was having fuel delivery problem (that turned out to be a failing fuel pump). My mechanic had the fuel tank out. Since he was planning on steam cleaning the tank, I had him install the sender for me.

The end result was awesome. The Centroid Products sender has no moving parts and can be adjusted after it has been installed in the tank (I had mine installed within easy reach of the fuel fill door).

The mechanic was so impressed with the CP sender that he order a bunch of them to keep on hand. He said the gauges were out in half the trucks he worked on.
FAST FRED (67.75.110.86)

Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 4:35 pm:   

Some versions of the 06 HAD factory fuel gages ,
look behind the fuel fill door before installing a second one.

FAST FRED

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration