Skinner valve Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » September 2003 » Skinner valve « Previous Next »

Kevin (216.117.99.35)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 10:37 pm:   

My skinner valve has gone bad and I need to know what kind to get to replace it.Its the one to shut down the motor. I have an 8v71 eagle 01.Some of the numbers on the valve tag are missing so napa can't help with out them. I woul be very thankfull for any help. Vacation is only 5 weeks away. Thanks klo
RJ Long (Rjlong) (24.127.74.29)

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 2:30 am:   

Suggest you call Luke at US Coach in NJ. He'll ship one out to you tomorrow. His toll-free number is 1-888-262-2434

HTH,

RJ
PD4106-2784
Fresno CA
pete (152.163.252.163)

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 11:35 am:   

kevin just went thru this and am still going thru it a bit now..
there are several things that will close those valves..much to my dismay mine was low voltage. there are several relays that are involved with those valves working correctly..my rig looked like a spegetti dinner..for the time being i unscrewed the high idel valve off the mount. it has not been a problem other then having to pup the engine compartment door open to turn the bus off other then that it runs awsome. I am going to get the alternator fixed..in turn because iof a low voltage somewhere..it inadvertantly (sp) closed the valve..so..to keep going and to run the rig till you can get it trouble shot pull the left, further back valve off on the mount..( 2 screws) and turn the bus off by hand..

pete

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration