Eagle= what to look for Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » September 2003 » Eagle= what to look for « Previous Next »

Jim (169.207.117.66)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 9:54 pm:   

HI,
I have been lurking here for about a year, I am going to look at a early 80's Eagle. I know that
I have to check the framework over well for corosion damage.
I know to check for smoke, (its a high milage unit)
How much adjustment should be left on the suspension?
Tires, brakes, what else should I check for that would be a large ticket item to repair?
Can anyone think of something that would not be obvious to an untrained eye?
Hard question to answer, but, what are the older Eagles selling for? The ones I have seen sell have gone for 8,000 to 10,000 does that sound right?
Thanks Jim
two dogs (67.30.23.115)

Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 10:15 pm:   

sneak a icepick to the viewing,if you can push it thru the metal under the side windows, price goes down 1000,high mileage is not so bad ,poor maintenance is bad,...kinda like lookin' at a woman, if she looks like she was rode hard and put up wet,she probably was..unconverted Eagles 5,000 to 25,000
Smoky (12.222.48.5)

Posted on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 12:48 am:   

Don't forget to look at the engine cradle. I almost bought one that was selling for a low price until I noticed the rusted cradle.

Smoky,

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration