Mc-8 condenser Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2003 » September 2003 » Mc-8 condenser « Previous Next »

ralph7 (208.171.8.99)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 6:53 pm:   

will the A/C cond. work as a water heator/cooler or trans cooler?
BrianMCI96A3 (65.40.144.254)

Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 6:04 am:   

Ralph, for a coach, the A/C is a completely seperate system to the engine coolant and the tranny fluid. In the automotive field, since the heat disipating part of the A/C system is in front of the radiator, you COULD use the A/C as a means to help heat the engine up to operating temp faster, though it is not very practical. The short answer to your question is : NO, I'm afraid not.

Brian
george (66.123.254.151)

Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 11:44 am:   

I see no reason that an AC condeser could not be used to cool water or oil, it is just a mater of hooking up the plumbing... in your situation that may be a HUGE job or a simple task.
two dogs (67.30.23.42)

Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 12:54 pm:   

sure, don't see why you couldn't hook it into your cooling system & have "two" radiators,sure would be nice on long hills...
BrianMCI96A3 (65.40.144.254)

Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 9:54 pm:   

Actually, I misread the question, it was 6 am... If the question had been: Can the A/C SYSTEM be used as a cooler/heater of some type... That's a no.
If the question is: If I disable my bus A/C system can I use my A/C CONDENSER as a cooler of some type, then the answer is no... not for a tranny or engine oil cooler, it's way too huge.
BUT since I believe your condenser is located forward of your bays like mine, you COULD probably
tap into the coolant lines for the driver's heater in the central tunnel, AND if you install the plumbing including check valves to connect it to the cooling system along with a pump of some type and a thermostat with a by-pass so that you don't introduce ice cold coolant into a hot engine, and if you didn't want to use the huge A/C fan motor you'd need at least a pair of electric fans... maybe as many as four, though you might be able to utilize the condeser as a BOTH a heater AND a cooler, If you do use the A/C blower motor with some sort of shutter over the duct to the interior, also be certain that you bleed ALL the air out of the system... well, then, in theory there is no reason why you couldn't do it. Of course, then you could also turn your A/C compressor into one hellova killer air pump too!

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration