S.E. Busnuts Rally Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2011 » February 2011 » S.E. Busnuts Rally « Previous Next »

H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member
Username: Ace

Post Number: 1189
Posted From: 184.228.105.188

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 7:44 pm:   

Opening night pics at Dixie Crossroads for dinner and some of the attending buses slong with some of the resorts surrounding sights and wild turkeys.

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/Goldbus
H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member

Post Number: 1190
Posted From: 75.203.97.209

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 10:28 am:   

The weather has been great, the chit chat even better and the rally as a whole was priceless. 27 coaches and the evening fun with all the owners was without a doubt the best time spent and very well planned by Mike Heron but as always, it has to end. This morning coaches started leaving and about 15 or so still here, we as well as thw others are starting to pack up and ready ourselves for the trip home where we anxiously await our next outing!
Its been very informative and fun to say the least!
H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member

Post Number: 1191
Posted From: 75.204.153.142

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 10:41 pm:   

Arrived back at home about 2:30 this afternoon and unpacked the bus, turned it around and backed it in it's parking place. let it cool down and checked all levels and all were good.
The bus ran like a champ and never ran hotter than 191 degrees when running around 78mph. While cruising at 68 it ran a cool 184 degrees. We stopped for about a 45 minutes at a rest stop while waiting for another busnut friend to pick up a toter truck he had purchased from the resort we stayed at. A friend drove it back for him and that's where we met up.
Sitting there on a pic-nic table we discussed the future of our busing and rallies in general and the concensus was that although rallies are fun at times, we might just start gathering a select few local busnuts each month and do a get-a-way trip to an agreed location. No politics what so ever which this last rally was centered around and no bickering over the same old BS that never seems to change. The meetings are getting longer and longer with no end results and being in a meeting for hours listening to hogwash when the weather is at it's best is not for me! I have found that it doesn't matter what you say or do, it isn't going to change as long as the club or people in charge don't want it to but in the same breath that's what they bicker about, change! They all seem to talk a good game but nobody wants to do anything about it so, we'll just do it our way and have fun while doing so. Isn't that what this hobby is supposed to be about anyway? Having fun with friends rather than argue about what is spent from the club's funds and how and on what and who is allowed to and who isn't along with how food is prepared and who is responsible for doing it and who is supposed to help and where the group will eat and how much it will cost each person going and who will raise the flag that doesn't even exist and what kind of entertainment they will have and if kids should be welcome or not. Geeze the list goes on and on and let me tell you, after sitting in on a meeting like the one I did, which in fact was NOT an official meeting, I was really turned off about clubs. The meeting following the meeting I was at was the OFFICIAL meeting which I bowed out from attending. I just couldn't muster enough stomach to sit thru another almost 2 hours of BS.

Anyway, the weather was great and seeing old friends is always good and the late night wild life (deer) was awesome to see while riding around in our golf cart as was seeing the many wild turkeys during the day time ride around.

Other than the meetings, we had a great time!

Until we meet again...
Dal Farnworth (Dallas)
Registered Member
Username: Dallas

Post Number: 381
Posted From: 98.20.51.73

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 11:23 pm:   

Ace... Why not organize a "Timmonsville" South?

We all had a great time there, and it wasn't nearly as formal as many people think they should be.

A couple of years before we had the T'ville rally, we followed a friend down to Myrtle Beach to see what a rally was like.
We drove our van, and we were greeted like we were the illigitimate offspring of the unholy union of an onion and a skunk.
I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever attend a FMCA - BS rally again.

That's why we have our little rally's and enjoy more fellowship than business. that's what it's all about!

You are welcome anytime here!
H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member

Post Number: 1192
Posted From: 75.204.153.142

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 11:52 pm:   

Oh I know what you mean! That's exactly what we plan on doing. Smaller and friendlier get-togethers rather than a formal function. T-ville was awesome and that's more what were looking to do.
I swear that could park my bus at home which would save fuel, show up in a 2 man pup tent and they would say ok, set er up over there next to that MCI. It seems all they care about anymore is numbers. The more the merrier and could care less what we actually are... BUS nuts! We could be hobos with a back pack and they would welcome us. Personally I feel that these clubs should only entertain BUSES and class A motor homes since most of them are on BUS chassis anyway. People that OWN a bus or class A but has never moved it from the yard but still join a club to attend a rally is out of the question in my opinion. That will never change as long as the clubs are looking at HIGH numbers to show FMCA what they have done to help growth and what do they the club get in return from FMCA? NADA!
I feel the rules are a VERY gray area when it comes to club memberships and that is why we have decided to do things on our own and if you want to just get away, joining friends without a schedule other than fun and friendship than maybe the clubs will take notice that that is what people want more of rather than the scheduled on time do it or miss it type rally and make changes. As it stands now, people are already going their separate ways just as we intend to do. There 8-10 going here, 6-8 going there 4-5 going here etc etc.
Its surely more fun and less costly because another issue was them talking about raising the dues from 10 bucks which is cheap to maybe 25 but why? You mean we will pay more for them to discuss BS and have to listen to it? LOL
Jack Conrad (Jackconrad)
Registered Member
Username: Jackconrad

Post Number: 1383
Posted From: 71.3.72.124

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 8:32 am:   

Ace,
I have to somewhat agree with you. In my opinion bigger is not better when it comes to rallies. I still think our 1st Bussin' rally (45 coaches) was the best Bussin' rally.
We passed on the rally you just attended, but will be attending a SE Cruisers rally in a couple weeks at Wekiva Falls. I think they are expecting 8-12 coaches. Just social hour and burgers & dogs on Friday evening, breakfast on Saturday and an evening meal on Saturday. Continental breakfast on Sunday. No meetings and no events planned, just visit and relax.
I still have not figured out why they want to raise the dues with the present balance in the account. I doubt if we remain members if they go to $25 dues. Jack
H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member

Post Number: 1193
Posted From: 173.137.102.209

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 9:04 am:   

Yea Jack, the early rallies were the best. I was a little turned off at this rally due to the political aspect of it. Seeing everyone was good as always but they really need to look at what they are doing at these meetings. Purely a waste of time. For everything they bicker about, I feel the people with titles should just have a conference call amongst themselves and quit wasting the rally time of the members especially when they dont have an open ear to begin with. They are just going to do what they want anyway so why involve everyone?
Just a waste!
Luvrbus (Luvrbus)
Registered Member
Username: Luvrbus

Post Number: 1040
Posted From: 98.167.198.235

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 12:58 pm:   

Change the way the club works Ace you as a member can make changes those people are elected you may piss a few people off I do know that to be a fact lol if it not worth standing up for you don't need to be in the club anyway just my way of thinking.
I know lot of people in our club would like to see me go away but that will never happen.Read the bylaws of FMCA and your club if your leaders are not following those lines make your voice heard

(Message edited by luvrbus on February 21, 2011)
H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member

Post Number: 1194
Posted From: 173.6.103.119

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 2:56 pm:   

Clifford how do you think people would react if I tried to change the way the club is run? I mean I'm already labled as a bully!
No, your right, its not for me. I joined the cruisers and found out after the first year that they have their cliques and only sided with those that fit into their group. Dont ask questions and there won't be any problems sort of group. I declined to re-join. The same goes for the busnuts. Dont think I will re-join this group either. Too many old generation set in their ways and not wanting to change the way things are. Like I said, gonna just join those that want a no frills get together where we can all go someplace and enjoy the weekend wuth no set agenda and no politics! Heck our own country can't run smooth, how does a club expect to? LOL
Luvrbus (Luvrbus)
Registered Member
Username: Luvrbus

Post Number: 1041
Posted From: 98.167.198.235

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 3:27 pm:   

Ace, you give up to easy reading your post you seem to enjoy your time with the group trust me you can make a difference and when others see you take a stand the following will get longer who really cares what the older groups thinks it is for the future and club not for a few but the whole club.
Too bad I am not a member there I would be the first inline.
Me I would not win any popularity contest in the Eagles but one thing they all know and that is the side of the fence I am on and changes are taking place in our club some like the changes some don't but so far it is for the better same with your club those old farts set in their ways will change with new members like it or not 40 year old do not think on the same as a 70 year old hang in there push for reform and have fun when the 2 year elections come around run for a vacant position make your presence felt. (one of the old farts)BTW we have a President that is open to change if you don't have one vote him or her out simple process my friend

off the soap box

(Message edited by luvrbus on February 21, 2011)
Jack Fids (Jack_fids)
Registered Member
Username: Jack_fids

Post Number: 536
Posted From: 72.211.128.245

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 4:21 pm:   

FMCA, Greenville Ohio circa 1963.... great fun
FMCA, DuQuoin IL circa 1972... BOOOOORING

anytime one attends a pissing contest
disguised as a "Bus Meet"
one can expect boredom by the bus load....

I came to the conclusion that the FMCA deals
were nothing more than a way for most to
show how extravagantly they can spend money they've borrowed
in the pursuit of gaining the approval of people they don't
know & who make no difference in their lives.

For them, it ALL about the investment
as opposed to the lifestyle...
there is no fun unless big money spent
it's obvious.....
I've actually heard the words
"Poor fellow had to do everything himself !"
spoken at one of these cattle calls.

Len Silva (Lsilva)
Registered Member
Username: Lsilva

Post Number: 442
Posted From: 72.187.35.208

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 4:56 pm:   

Jack,

There is no comparison between an FMCA Rally and a bus conversions chapter rally. Different people, different animal.

BTW, I agree completely about the FMCA Rallys.

(Message edited by lsilva on February 21, 2011)
H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member

Post Number: 1196
Posted From: 75.202.255.248

Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 7:31 am:   

Not so sure about them being different from an FMCA rally. It appears the chapter rallies are becoming more and more just like them. Only thing better about the FMCA rallies is the number of vendors. Other than that... not much different!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration