CruiseAirs...... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2011 » April 2011 » CruiseAirs...... « Previous Next »

Iver (Mciv)
Registered Member
Username: Mciv

Post Number: 53
Posted From: 70.69.131.252

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 3:03 am:   

My coach has 2 split-system a/c in the spare tire compartment in our MC-9.
I might have to remove one when I change the steering box to integral.
Unfortunately I have to remove the refrigerant lines from the lower unit and electrical in order to get it out.
If I can't save the refrigerant, what is involved to get the system recharged?
Thanks, Iver.
Luvrbus (Luvrbus)
Registered Member
Username: Luvrbus

Post Number: 1082
Posted From: 74.33.61.190

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 7:53 am:   

Iver, they are not hard they have the taps and a sight glass getting the r-22 is the problem but they are touchy about the charge it has to be right on or they will not start in 100+ degrees.When you get the unit out it has a chart for the charge on the unit and be extra careful with electric valve it costs a small fortune if you need manuals I have some extras I may even have a drier for one

good luck

(Message edited by luvrbus on April 01, 2011)

(Message edited by luvrbus on April 01, 2011)
George M. Todd (George_todd)
Registered Member
Username: George_todd

Post Number: 1219
Posted From: 99.62.5.248

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 9:22 pm:   

Iver,
I would call a local commercial air conditioning company and tell them what you want. They will have a recovery machine to take your refrigerant out, IF your system doesn't have valves to "pump down" the charge into the condenser. If it does have valves, they will know what to do, and you won't waste any refrigerant. After you relocate, they can evacuate and properly recharge your system.
G
Debbie and Joe Cannarozzi (Joe_camper)
Registered Member
Username: Joe_camper

Post Number: 363
Posted From: 75.221.39.129

Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2011 - 10:26 pm:   

Cruseair has a pdf online I have it somewhere. It gives you the high and low side pressures relitive to the ambiant temp in 10 degree increments, a bar graff.

Get it right or you will not be a happy camper.

If you have another onboard that is a good chiller have the tech hook the gauges into that one and then duplicate the reading on the one your working on.

They are finicky but work very well when corrrect

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration