The end! ECTSGTG is over. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2011 » April 2011 » The end! ECTSGTG is over. « Previous Next »

Dal Farnworth (Dallas)
Registered Member
Username: Dallas

Post Number: 479
Posted From: 75.91.192.82

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 10:34 pm:   

Ralph 7 and hs puppy Jack will be the last one's to leave...
It's kinda sad that all thee fun is over and we never could do all we wanted to do.

I do want to thank all the friends that pitched in and helped on our little mudflap car and got it back into at least semi-decent running/driving order, especially since I seem to be no longer capable of doing the work I want to do.

Thank YOU:
RD Bishop
Jorge Martinez
Pete and Polly Mittelbach
RD Olsen
Ralph Peters
Jack Fids
Tx Jeff
Dreamscape
And a whole bunch of others that won't tell me who they are.

As I get older, it's difficult for me to admit that I just cannot do what I use to do anymore.

Maybe it's time to sell off the bus and just give up on thee dream.
marvin pack (Gomer)
Registered Member
Username: Gomer

Post Number: 1327
Posted From: 71.55.183.81

Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 10:43 pm:   

Dallas without dreams how would you or anyone else be able to function?? I look forward to try and see if I can still do the things I used to do, this time only smarter in doing them.LOL My muscle tone isn't what it used to be and now I have to depend on my brain. Where is Jorge heading? Is he casting his feet to the wind?

Gomer
Jeff Boecker (Txjeff)
Registered Member
Username: Txjeff

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 71.113.228.157

Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 9:14 am:   

Dallas

I hate that I didnt get to stay and swap lies longer saturday, Im sure I missed a great meal too.

I dont think its time for you to give up the dream just yet.........You have helped many Busnuts in the past and this was a bunch of Busnuts returning the favor for a fellow Busnut.

Hopefully next year I can bring the HOUND and stay longer.....Keep living the Dream.

jeff
Paul Lawry (Dreamscape)
Registered Member
Username: Dreamscape

Post Number: 723
Posted From: 74.2.251.162

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 6:35 am:   

We had a great time and look forward to the next one.

Dallas, sometimes it's hard to receive. You've given and now it's time to accept it. We were glad to help a little, that's what us bus nuts do.

Just passing it forward as we've been helped also.
Dal Farnworth (Dallas)
Registered Member

Post Number: 482
Posted From: 75.91.199.134

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 12:10 pm:   

Thanks guys.

I'm still thinking long and hard about giving it up, but things are looking a bit brighter today.

Cat and I are so really appreciative of the help we received and I think one of my problems is that I don't know how to accept help.

I've always been the one that offers help, offers an ear or offers a shoulder. I know that at times I can be extremely abrasive, and that turns some people off.

I guess what bothers me most is that I just can't do it anymore. 10 years ago, I could haul a set of lumber tarps up a ladder to the top od a trailer stacked to 13'6". Now I will be lucky to lift the tarps to just slide them along, then I'll be in pain for days afterward.

It Sucks!

But, for now, I'm gonna hang on to the old beater bus and work on it as I can.
H3-40 (Ace)
Registered Member
Username: Ace

Post Number: 1207
Posted From: 184.212.45.138

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 8:06 pm:   

Dallas I thought I taught you better than that. Do like i do. Make Cat do it. Works for me!!!! :-)
marvin pack (Gomer)
Registered Member

Post Number: 1328

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 8:31 pm:   

Dallas I have had the same problem and when I get to the point of manual labor I pretend to be as dumb as a pile of rocks. Then when someone volenteeerrss I just back off and tell them what if we do it this way llollll lol It usually works and they just do it and thanks me for the advice they just learnt. Oh yes ACE is an excellent teacher just ask Chessie LOL

gomer
Dave Walker (Chrome_dome)
Registered Member
Username: Chrome_dome

Post Number: 252
Posted From: 75.208.147.223

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 12:29 am:   

Dal I heard from a flighty fellow who had a saddled up mount at his side, that a good time was had by all and that you and Cat were quite the hostesses of the mostess!!!
Jack Fids (Jack_fids)
Registered Member
Username: Jack_fids

Post Number: 673
Posted From: 72.211.128.245

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 5:57 pm:   

" I know that at times I can be extremely abrasive, and that turns some people off. "

YOU..?
you're a soft furry little ball of love, in boots, in my book.

"But, for now, I'm gonna hang on to the old beater bus"

May I suggest that you "hang on" to
the rear bumper and let Cat drive 10 miles...?

Now THAT is what ABRASIVE is all about..!!

Fooey is missing his "Tuesday" undies
if you find a pair.....
just sayin
Dal Farnworth (Dallas)
Registered Member

Post Number: 487
Posted From: 75.91.199.134

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 6:38 pm:   

Hummm, I looked and looked and looked...
All I could find was a pair of Dookey Drawers that said "Kiss My Dairy-Air"

Probably from one of those itinerant California Dairies.

Maybe one of the covetous attendees kyped those very private day o' the week stuff.
Jack Fids (Jack_fids)
Registered Member

Post Number: 674

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 7:30 pm:   

Looks like Tuesday's are going to be "free" days from now on for someone.
(toeing the TMI line here)
I also lost some motivation while there
if you find it
burn it or bury it
if I see it on Ebay it's your azz Bud!
George Martinez (Foohorse)
Registered Member
Username: Foohorse

Post Number: 459
Posted From: 69.171.161.226

Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:26 pm:   

I found them. Dallas buddy pal I had a great time even thought you know who kept hiding whenever the fire pit was started Fast willy old bird. the car repair was just for fun had nothing to do with trying to help you out. I really enjoyed my first bus event I met some new friends and gained 6 lbs that I did not need. now I'm in my ditch penguin lied there is no water in it I would have enjoyed that I feel like a tropical salamander drying out in this dust bowl but the refit on the bus has begun. I look forward to basking in the warm glow of your fire pit telling lies and maybe spotting one of those imaginary dillos of yours. I'm sending Cat a big hug. and a small one for you as well. your friend Jorge
Dal Farnworth (Dallas)
Registered Member

Post Number: 491
Posted From: 75.91.201.171

Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 7:25 pm:   

I hope they wasn't stuck to the ceiling or the wall as one foul fowl intimated!

We had fun too, now, hurry and get done with the re-fit so you can get back here... There's more fish to be fried.
marvin pack (Gomer)
Registered Member

Post Number: 1336

Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 9:32 pm:   

Where are you FOOEY?? Did you make a wrong turn somewhere? I thought that you were going to come back to Florida? Gee that's what I get for thinking huh?

gomer
Registered Member

Post Number: 461
Posted From: 69.171.161.5

Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 1:32 am:   

Hey Gomer I am now in dust bowl AZ. Tucson I have access to a repair shop specializing in classic air cooled Volkswagen. my bus is park in the lot and the owner Bob hands me the keys. I help him where I can. the desert and mountains here are a beautiful change from Florida's tropic scene but I miss the humidity my nose has yet to stop bleeding from the dry air.
Teresa (Happycamperbrat)
Registered Member
Username: Happycamperbrat

Post Number: 140
Posted From: 173.25.102.41

Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 1:49 am:   

huh? Give up the bus? Just cuz you needed some help with something? Dallas! For some of us, if we were to think like that, we would never have a bus to begin with. I beg, borrow and pay for help every single day. Maybe then I should give up my dream too.

(Message edited by happycamperbrat on April 18, 2011)
Teresa (Happycamperbrat)
Registered Member

Post Number: 142

Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 12:35 pm:   

I was up thinking about this last night. This message goes for you Dallas and for anyone else thinking about giving up because they are physically having problems doing the work needed.

I try to repay the kindness by giving back anything learned or homemade vegan goodies or money or whatever. I would gladly work for you and do whatever you asked to help just for the knowledge gained. You have NO idea how valuable your knowledge alone is!
Registered Member

Post Number: 469
Posted From: 69.171.161.66

Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 1:26 am:   

Teresa AGAIN when your right your right. and this this matter your very very right, Listen up Dalla's
marvin pack (Gomer)
Registered Member

Post Number: 1341

Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 8:34 am:   

Once a Bus NUT, ALWAYS ONE! Right Jack,George, Dallas LOL But of course you don't have to be a owner to be nuts.LOL

Gomer
Dal Farnworth (Dallas)
Registered Member

Post Number: 496
Posted From: 75.91.201.171

Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 1:13 pm:   

Thanks Ladies and Gentlemen, (I use the term 'Gentlemen' with literary license, BTW).
The problem is that I have never, ever been able to ask for help or really even think about asking for help.
Now I find myself unable to do stuff that in past years would be simple.
Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that you are not able to run with the big dogs anymore and you have to stay on the porch.
For instance: Today I was out working up the small planter area next to our front porch. Digging and turning soil without a tractor and implements has never been one of my big joys in life, but this thing is 6X5 and full of top soil and underneath is sandy/clay soil. Easy digging?
Hah!
After digging about half of it up, I had to quit because pieces of my hip bone that got broken awhile back made me stop and exclaim, #@%%&*!
Now I sit in my little hovel and worry about getting our garden in.

Bummer.

Otherwise, everything is A.) Hunky
and B.) Dorey!
Registered Member

Post Number: 474
Posted From: 69.171.161.224

Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 12:54 am:   

Dallas bit by bit, little by little. I have had to make a huge adjustment after my motorcycle wreck I still miss the prewreck me once in a while but I try to do what I can with what I have now, and while it may seem that I can bench press your mudflap I have days where I can't move but worse still is the loss of a part of me that the head injury took away. my point dear friend is stop beating your self up, ask for help it's ok you have giving plenty of help to others. and there are always smaller and easier buses to enjoy the road in, didn't your generation have a thing for the VW Bus :-) .......peace out brother
Teresa (Happycamperbrat)
Registered Member

Post Number: 151

Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 8:29 am:   

This is a forum for assessable (sp? bahhdd) gardening http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/accessible/ I used to post in there, now mostly a lurker. As Im getting older my back has it's off days too. I absolutely LOVE wagons, dollies, skateboards, an old shopping cart I have, "anything" with wheels on it is my friend now. Do NOT carry anything when you can wheel it around! The only real excuse you would have for not driving your bus is if you became a danger on the road because of age, and in that case just pass the keys to one of the passengers..... no need to give up a life style you love :-)
Dave Walker (Chrome_dome)
Registered Member
Username: Chrome_dome

Post Number: 263
Posted From: 75.208.90.108

Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 1:18 pm:   

Dal; Write a book about the stuff you do know ( and sounds like you know a lot) about buses or your experiences with them or the mechanical fixes of them etc. Sell them after having them printed or better yet do it on the computer like MS publisher and do e-books or news letters. When you get rich off that go get your damm hip replaced and then you can do whatever you want. Your Welcome.

Chromie
Jack Fids (Jack_fids)
Registered Member

Post Number: 677

Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 1:22 pm:   

"The only real excuse you would have for not driving your bus is if you became a danger on the road because of age"

If I lose my other eye, can I use you as an expert witness or sue you for false representation?

Teresa (Happycamperbrat)
Registered Member

Post Number: 155

Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 6:39 pm:   

Just a warning Jack, if the judge is mean to me

judge

I wont be responsible for my actions

cat
Registered Member

Post Number: 489
Posted From: 69.171.161.100

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 12:50 am:   

Teresa that is the cutest killer kitten. I want one

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration