Oakdale Park - Glen Rose, Texas Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » PLACES WE STAY ! » Places To Avoid! » Oakdale Park - Glen Rose, Texas « Previous Next »

Mike Jackson (Mike4104tx)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 7:27 pm:   

We planned a trip to Glen Rose, Tx earlier this year. We made reservations at Oakdale Park for one RV spot and one cabin. Well my inlaws arrived at the park late at night (1:00AM)in thier bus (the manager said that it was ok). When they pulled in they were surrounded by a bunch of drunk college kids, acting in such a way that I did not want my daugher to see... and she was with my inlaws. The next morning they noticed the camp ground wasn't kept up like they had represented to us on the phone. I spoke with the manager and he agreed to allow us to cancel our reservations. He was very nice about it and I have no problem with him or his staff personally. It was just not the kind of place I would take my kids or grandkids.

If you want to stay in Glen Rose, Texas I highly recommend Tres Rios River Ranch. http://www.tresrioscamping.com/

We called them and they were able to take us right in. A family envoronment, pull thru spots, and great cabins. The staff we very friendly and professional.

Mike

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration