Holiday Trav-L-Park of Virginia Beach... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » PLACES WE STAY ! » Places To Avoid! » Holiday Trav-L-Park of Virginia Beach, VA « Previous Next »

David & Lorna Schinske (Davidschinske) (64.24.236.44)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 7:42 pm:   

I don't know how they treat their RV customers but we stayed in one of their cabins, here's our experience.

David's Sister & Hubby were staying in the park (he just got a job up there and haven't moved into their house). We said we'd stay with them for Turkey Day. Our bus has the skin removed and we couldn't use it. So we reserved one of their camping cabins @$40 per night. They said they would put us next to the bathhouse as it would probably be cold. We thought great! They mailed me a map of the campground (no confirmation or anything else). They didn't tell me that my DEBIT card would be charged for the full stay up front. SURPRISE #1! $162 was charged and checks bounced (I'm currently running 2 checking accounts at 2 different banks) so I beat it to the bank to deposit more money. Well, we get there a little after 7PM and the office is closed with a note on the door saying to find our spot and SURPRISE #2 the office would be closed for Thanksgiving Day. The heat was on in the cabin so at least we were warm with no key to lock the door when we left and SURPRISE #3 no water at the outside faucet...Then SURPRISE #4 we found out the bathhouse was closed for the season. There was 1 other cabin occupied while we were there. So we trekked halfway accross the campground for the bathhouse...Thanksgiving morning we went to K-Mart and bought a porta-potti. Friday morning we went to the office to check in and we were told the bathhouse would not be opened. We also had to pay a $20 deposit for the cabin key (by the way did we want the key too!). They had also left a note on the door of the office that said the water would be off and on during Thanksgiving Week as they were upgrading the electrical hook-ups to 50 amp. "Please make sure your freshwater tanks are filled in case the water is off for a long period." I don't know about anyone else but we will never stay at that park EVER! Any complaints were answered with "I don't know about that, I just started working here". What a way for your help to deal with angry customers!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration