Mountain Shadows RV Park Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » PLACES WE STAY ! » Places To Avoid! » Mountain Shadows RV Park « Previous Next »

Jim Ferry (209.142.165.162)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 9:45 am:   

We pulled in here on a hot August day after 8 hours of hot driving. We were told that they don't normally allow buses to stay there after we had spent several minutes trying to squeeze into a spot suitable for a tent. When I heard the remark about "no buses" we left. Wouldn't go back again for free under any circumstances. Jim
Markwayne

Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 4:56 pm:   

It would be real helpfull if you put the state and maybe the closest city or landmark (I.E. Disney) in the subject line.

Mark
Stephen Fessenden (Sffess)

Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 11:51 pm:   

In some cases a park may simply know that their spaces and turning radiuses on curves do no work for buses. I have been several places where a "no buses because they don't fit" policy would have been reasonable. In two of those places the manager personally helped us in and out of impossible sites and we had a pleasant stay. In one they they assigned us a site on a circle with a 35 ft turning radius and soft shoulders. I objected to the site based on the map, and was told, "we get buses in and out of there all the time", so I tried it and had to be helped out by a wrecker. Some campgrounds really are not suitable for buses.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration