This bus is a movie star. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2006 » December 2006 » This bus is a movie star. « Previous Next »

Mark & Michele Blake (Busnut_pd4106)
Registered Member
Username: Busnut_pd4106

Post Number: 91
Posted From: 67.34.235.173

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 8:18 am:   

I'd like to share a bus experience. Last year I met a bus enthusiast with a 4107. The bus was used in an up coming movie. The name of the movie is "We Are Marshall" about a college football team that perished in a 1970 plane crash. The movie will open December 22. Below is the link to the movie trailer, you will see two buffaloes in the opening; he did mention another bus was also use during the filming. For the movie the bus was painted green with some type of washable paint. In addition to this bus he also has the original Otis Redding fully restored Flexble.

Trailer ->

http://wearemarshall-themovie.warnerbros.com/cmp/trailer.html?id=trailer&type=windows&spee d=300000

Pic -> http://www.geocities.com/crazy4buses/star/index.html
Richard Bowyer (Drivingmisslazy)
Registered Member
Username: Drivingmisslazy

Post Number: 1759
Posted From: 75.108.82.163

Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 9:11 am:   

FYI, Marshall College is located in Huntington, WV
Richard
K.J. Franklin (Slow_rider)
Registered Member
Username: Slow_rider

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 68.50.146.121

Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 5:02 pm:   

I will definitely have to see this movie. One of the players was Stuart Cottrell. He was a friend of mine from high school. Thanks Mark
Frank
Brian Brown (Blue_velvet)
Registered Member
Username: Blue_velvet

Post Number: 401
Posted From: 72.19.152.144

Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 1:50 am:   

Very cool, Mark. Thanks for sharing those. I'd love to see his Otis Redding Flx!

There's been a few "classic bus sightings" in recent films. There was a highly-modified 4905 in several scenes of "Walk the Line". And a Flx (I think) in "Glory Road" (great film, IMHO). Another Flx in "RV" (NOT a great film, IMHO).

BTW, did you get your bus started??

Brian B.
Austin Davis (Zimtok)
Registered Member
Username: Zimtok

Post Number: 46
Posted From: 216.37.73.226

Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 9:24 am:   

I went on a raod trip in the "Walk The Line" bus before we had our own bus. The owner drove us to a band gig in AL.
On the way back at around 1am we had a flat tire. He didn't have a spare, so we had to wait for a road service to fix us up. We rolled back into Memphis around 6am.
That trip was what put the final vote into us getting the bus we now have.

Charles Seaton (Charles_seaton)
Registered Member
Username: Charles_seaton

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 170.28.136.41

Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 4:40 pm:   

My bus has appeared in a rather well regarded film. OK, I didn't own it at the time, but I do now. Anyone see Forrest Gump? Remember the Anti-War rpotest in D.C. Well, a bunch of hippies are piling out of a black and white GM New Look. That's mine.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration