Right rear air susp. will not air up Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2006 » December 2006 » Right rear air susp. will not air up « Previous Next »

Andrew Bowey (All2go)
Registered Member
Username: All2go

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 71.28.14.92

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 11:29 pm:   

GMC 4905. Could someone give me an idea of what to look at first? The right rear is not rising and I do not hear any air leaking from that area. I can not move the bus as that corner has settled really low. I parked it there just for the night and the ground is off just enough that the right rear corner is now touching the ground. Could it be an air leveler or valve? All the other wheels are coming up as they usually do. Thanks in advance for any input.
Andrew.
Douglas Wotring (Tekebird)
Registered Member
Username: Tekebird

Post Number: 37
Posted From: 69.136.90.146

Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 1:15 am:   

is it cold there?

if so frozen air line..

You have anohter problem however as a totally deflated bag should not have the bus touch the ground.
Andrew Bowey (All2go)
Registered Member

Post Number: 5
Posted From: 67.140.225.218

Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 10:23 am:   

Thanks for answering Doug. It has been very warm here in Atlanta, Ga., I don't think any thing is frozen. Also the ground is uneven so it normally would not be touching the ground. The right rear wheel is in a dip to start with.
Andrew.
Chris Christensen (Chris4905)
Registered Member
Username: Chris4905

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 67.60.70.125

Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 12:01 pm:   

Possibly a broken air leveling vale leveling arm???

From the right side, look under the coach with a flashlight, do not get under the coach. You should be able to see the left rear leveling vale lever, by the left rear air bag. Is the leveling arm broken and hanging?

If it looks ok, get a long piece of wood, piece of pvc pipe, or something like that. With the bus running, again on the left side but not under the bus, I'd try to move the RR level arm to see if it inflates the airbag.

For the bus to settle that much over night, if there was that severe of an air leak, I would think you would have heard it. My suspicious are a bad leveling valve. Possibly the leveling valve level moving on the valve, but stripped on the valve itself, causing it to move but not move the valve assembly?!?!?!?

You may have to dig yourself out of that "dip" so you can get the back of the bus onto a set of ramps and play with that leveling valve.

If the leveling valve is bad Luke can set you up, he has all the replacements (I know from experience).

Chris Christensen
1974 GMC 4905
Andrew Bowey (All2go)
Registered Member

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 67.140.225.218

Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 3:21 pm:   

Thanks Chris I will start digging and looking. I am sure you meant the right side? Will report back.
Andrew.
Andrew Bowey (All2go)
Registered Member

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 67.140.239.249

Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 10:11 am:   

Thanks for all the input. Turns out after looking at the leveling device it was not it. I eventually found a leak at the air line that goes to the heat-A/C regulator on the bulkhead in the heat-A/C compartment. It only affected the right rear airbag so it must be fed off of that line somewhere. Fixed now and a lesson learned.
Thanks,
Andrew.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration