Vegetable oil fuel Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2006 » December 2006 » Vegetable oil fuel « Previous Next »

Christopher Goodwin (Cgoodwin)
Registered Member
Username: Cgoodwin

Post Number: 50
Posted From: 71.212.79.58

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 6:41 pm:   

Tried to post this in reply to another thread but was not allowed, perhaps the thread was closed. So I have begun a new one:

Hello, I have been away from the forum for a while dealing with my own. Since last I wrote here I have converted 2 buses and about 250 other diesels to run on vegetable oil. My site is www.frybrid.com and I have managed to design systems for many larger engnine including my own 6V92TA in a Neoplan (www.frybrid.com/bus.htm), you can also see a 40' Bluebird I did with a mobile filtration system at http://www.frybrid.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=45 this enables the family to suck up oil from a dunpster, dewater it to 200ppm and filter it to 2 microns before it is pumped into the clean tank on which the engine runs. They left my shop in August and drove from Seattle Washington to Providence, Rhoad Island spending only $47 on diesel.

Let me clearly state that we do not convert buses. I would consider working with people to convert thier own buses but this is not the aim of my business for several reasons, it was however my personal motivation.

We also did a 1983 Crown running a Cat, the Bluebird was running a Cummins M11.

I would be happy to answer any technical questions relating to running vegetable oils in diesel engines.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration