Rally info for the Jersey Roundup, Ca... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » September 2007 » Rally info for the Jersey Roundup, Carthage MO, Oct 12-14 « Previous Next »

Christy Hicks (Christyhicks)
Registered Member
Username: Christyhicks

Post Number: 32
Posted From: 65.77.66.1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   

Sorry in advance for all the cross-posting for those who are also members of the MAK and Yahoo forums, but here goes:

Well, the Jersey Roundup plans are finalized! The roundup, open to all buses, and to bus "wannabes" or "were's", will be held in Carthage, MO, on October 12th through the 14th, 2007, at the Big Red Barn RV Park.

The New Jersey Roundup is simply organized by a member of the New Jersey Transit yahoo forum, but is open to buses of all types, at any stage of conversion, from "tin can tenting" to "luxury conversion". We've even left it open to other RV's who are bus "wanna be's" or "maybe wanna be's" or maybe just friends with or related to other attendees. We've had all ages at previous rallies, from young to old, and in JR's case, "older". . . just kidding JR, .

The The Big Red Barn Rv Park is located in Carthage, MO, and the Website is http://www.bigredbarnrvpark.com. We had the rally at the Big Red Barn last year and found it to be nice and clean, with easy access for big rigs (very important to us busnuts), with many pull-throughs, and the owners are just as great as could be. They do allow pets and request, of course, that you "pick up" after your pet. The park also has free wifi, so that's a plus. The rates are $22.50 per night, or $135 weekly.

Carthage is about 15 miles east of Joplin, and 60 miles west of Springfield, MO.

The Jersey Roundup is a smaller rally, with a relaxed atmosphere, and we don't do a lot of "scheduling" at the roundup. Several people will probably arrive as early as Wednesday or Thursday, but most will roll in on Friday, or as late as Saturday morning. Evenings are usually spent swapping lies around the campfire, and we've been blessed with cool, but not cold weather, which makes the gathering very comfortable. During the day, some will just stay close and hang out, but many will head to one of the various destinations in the area, such as:

the Apple Butter Festival in nearby Mount Vernon, http://www.mtvernonchamber.com/mt_vernon_applebuttermakindays.php which has the parade Saturday morning, and then of course, vendors, booths, activities, and yes, you guessed it, Apple Butter and other good eats.

Colaw RV Salvage, http://www.colawrvsalvage.com, (everyone needs to go there at least once, if not to browse through the amazing variety of new and used components, then to at least visit some of the many burn-out or totaled RV's they have on the lot. . .that'll get your attention!

Joplin Flea Market: a small indoor and outdoor flea market featuring local sellers.

Numerous Antique stores: Joplin has some GREAT antique stores, with excellent prices!

I-44 Bus Sales, Sarcoxie, MO. . .sells shells and conversions

Saturday evening will be yet another night of hanging around shooting the breeze (lying) , telling stories (lying) , comparing mpg and horsepower (and lying) , well, you know what I mean. We've done a potluck or community chili pot on Saturday evening the last couple of years, so it's likely we'll do so again. Last year we sampled. . .err , I mean, we PREPARED several great desserts to go along with that meal!

I would ask that any who are planning to attend or are thinking they likely will attend to contact me at chicks@ionet.net and let me know, so that I can keep the campground updated on how many sites we will need. If you aren't sure at this time, but think you would like to come, let me know and I'll put you on the "potential" list, (meaning of course that you are not a total loser! ), and then you can confirm one way or the other at least two weeks before the event, so we can give them a final total. It is VERY IMPORTANT, that if you know you are coming, please contact the campground asap and reserve your spot. They will hold a certain number of spots for us for those who aren't sure whether they will make it or not, depending on my updates on the tentative number of attendees, but two weeks before the rally, any spots not reserved will be opened to general campers. This is why it's really important that you reserve your spot directly with the campground asap, in addition to having me add you to our list.

Last year we asked everyone in attendance to bring photos or an album of their bus conversion, and we had lots of fun looking through those and see the conversions in progress. I'd like to ask everyone to bring those with them again, as there may be new people who haven't seen them yet. We also marched around and went through everyone's rigs, which was loads of fun.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or any suggestions, and I apologize for this long post . Christy Hicks
Christy Hicks (Christyhicks)
Registered Member
Username: Christyhicks

Post Number: 33
Posted From: 65.77.66.1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 7:41 am:   

Just an update on the rally:

Plans are still on for the rally, but the Big Red Barn RV Park is asking that those who are planning on attending please go ahead and register with them now, so they can get a better count on attendees, and to make sure that everyone who wants to attend does get a spot.

They are starting to book up in their general area, and they just want to make sure that they've got enough spots saved for us.

SO, if you plan on attending, but haven't taken the time to register with them yet, please give them a yell at 417-358-2432, and reserve your spot. If you haven't emailed me to tell me to add you to our list, you can contact me at chicks@ionet.net. Thanks for your time and looking forward to seeing you! Christy Hicks

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration