Hickox Conversions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » July 2007 » Hickox Conversions « Previous Next »

Debbie and Joe Cannarozzi (Joe_camper)
Registered Member
Username: Joe_camper

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 76.237.140.211

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 6:23 pm:   

Our Prevost was converted by these folks, Hickox, new in 86. We have never seen another.

Has anyone ever heard of this converter or know someone who has one.

I have found 1 person, a fellow who sells factory rebuilt Cruise-Air condensing units, who knew of them. Told me the gentelman built some quality stuff but thought that he only converted a dozen or so.

Sure would be nice to hook up with some folks who also own one.

They were out of central Illinois.

Deb and Joe 86XL
Paul Lawry (Dreamscape)
Registered Member
Username: Dreamscape

Post Number: 49
Posted From: 64.40.223.242

Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 6:29 pm:   

I don't know, but you have a beautiful coach. I like the looks of the older coaches. Hope you find out more information.
Nick Badame Refrigeration Co. (Dnick85)
Registered Member
Username: Dnick85

Post Number: 152
Posted From: 75.199.226.237

Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 10:03 pm:   

Hi Joe,

Nice looking coach!

Maybe the name they had "Hickox" was their down fall if they don't exist anymore? lol Thats a hard sale..
Nick-
Debbie and Joe Cannarozzi (Joe_camper)
Registered Member
Username: Joe_camper

Post Number: 9
Posted From: 76.237.149.90

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 7:09 am:   

Thanks for the compliments.

This guy was a pretty sucessful buisness guy from what I've been told. They continue to run a trucking company out of that same local. The bus is put togeather pretty well. I have many similar components of bigger converters of the day. The bus was originally built for and owned bt AJ Foyt.

Last year while wintering in Fla. we met a fellow with a booth at a corvette rally in Kissimmi who said he knew the Foyt family personally and offered to get a pic. of Deb and I in front of the bus signed by AJ. We need to get that done, It sure would add provinance to the coach. A while back I saw an early 80s MCI owned bt Jonny Cash go for about twice what it was worth because of varifieable proof. In any event, we won't be selling it any time soon.

Sure would like to meet some other Hickox owners.

Thanks again.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration