Removing A/C Unit from A/C Compartmen... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » September 2007 » Removing A/C Unit from A/C Compartment - MCI8 « Previous Next »

Simon Ayriss (Design_dog)
Registered Member
Username: Design_dog

Post Number: 43
Posted From: 69.227.68.21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 2:55 pm:   

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on removing the a/c unit on my MCI8.
Since I first got my bus - The A/C lines coming up through the back of the bus were already dismantled / cut when I got it. So since ownership, I guess the A/C never worked from what I can tell.
Also, although I would have loved to have gotten a bus with a nice fully working stock A/C, my draw was doesnt look like its been running for a while and I'm not really budgeted to post money into it to get it running. I will probably have to go the route of rooftops.
SO. I need to remove the rest of the A/C unit from the A/C compartment and might put a generator in there.
Is there anyone who can give me any pointers / tips on what to do / look out for in the process of removing and tracing lines, etc, or electrical?
Main thing is I want to get the radiator/freon grill out and bulk items.
Thanks.
Nick Badame Refrigeration Co. (Dnick85)
Registered Member
Username: Dnick85

Post Number: 176
Posted From: 70.208.231.37

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 7:02 pm:   

Hi Simon,
You don't really need to remove the evaporator coil from infront of the main heat coil. But, you can if you want to trim some weight from the bus. To remove the evap coil usually involves removing the heat coil and blower too. The condencer coil, reciever tank, expantion valve,condencer fan, and controls can be removed without disrupting anything else.
At this point, just cut the refrig. lines and tubes off at the bulkhead to make the space you need for your gen plans.You may leave the motor curcuit breakers in place for future use if you desire.
Good Luck
Nick-

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration