Motorcycle Lift & Shipping Charges Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » September 2007 » Motorcycle Lift & Shipping Charges « Previous Next »

Larry Ohlmann (Larry_o)
Registered Member
Username: Larry_o

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 70.78.161.30

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   

I have found a used Overbuilt Motorcycle lift to install on my MC8. If anyone has any experience with the Overbuilt lift, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Also, I need to ship it from Eau Claire, WI to Bellingham, WA and would appreciate any advice about finding the least expensive way of shipping. The lift can be broken down into it's parts and the total weight is 230-250lbs.
K.J. Franklin (Slow_rider)
Registered Member
Username: Slow_rider

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 76.106.49.14

Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 6:54 pm:   

Hi Larry,

I have no info about the lift or shipping but I do have a question if I might. Are you not worried about the stress on the rear of the bus with the weight of the motorcycle bouncing up and down on the rear of the bus? I am brand new to busing and have just recently accquired an MC8 myself. I would love to be able to throw my VTX on the back of the bus and be able to pull my jeep.

Thanks,

Frank
Larry Ohlmann (Larry_o)
Registered Member
Username: Larry_o

Post Number: 5
Posted From: 70.78.161.30

Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 7:21 pm:   

Frank:
I am concerned about it especially since my bike is a GoldWing weighing about 800lbs. However, the consensus among those with much more knowledge than me is that the MC8 frame should handle it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration