Bought another bus! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » September 2007 » Bought another bus! « Previous Next »

Glenn Williams (Glenn)
Registered Member
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 73
Posted From: 216.163.56.78

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 5:00 pm:   

Well, thanks to Ed Roelle, I have bought a new bus. He put me in contact with a friend about 20 minutes from me with an 1968 MCI 7. It came with a TON of extra RV parts. New engine, tranny, brakes and seals, several new stainless pieces, vent fans, 2 roof airs, installed caps... He had also had the original windows removed and the bus re-skinned properly. So another project, but a much more solid bus.

So, now what do I do with my 4905? I am going to keep my RV pieces for the new bus and recycle much of the wood interior as well so I will have a shell that runs and drives but is pretty darn problematic. With my luck, the thing will get stuck between gears or have the throttle cable give me problems or the muffler will cause another fire just as I would hand it over to a buyer. I can junk it (hate to have all of the good parts destroyed and get no money from it), Scrap it and get some money for it, sell it on e-bay and get my approval rating wiped out or offer it here for parts to a knowledeable group of people. The last part would make me the happiest. This is kind of like talking myself into a course of action!

So, I guess I'll put an ad in the flea market. Any thoughts or know someone looking for stuff?
Jim & Linda Callaghan (Jimc)
Registered Member
Username: Jimc

Post Number: 37
Posted From: 66.175.206.159

Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 11:06 pm:   

YEA, you really have to watch out when you communicate with Ed, he is the reason I bought my 4106. When I told him that I was going to Arcadia, he told me YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK at his buddies bus. Well, I did.(actually glad I did)

On to your problem, if it were me, I would put it on Ebay. Just have to make sure you have a good disclaimer, make no false representations, do not hide anything, be up front and honest and see what it brings.
Jim
Wisconsin
Jeffrey Smith (Greenhornet)
Registered Member
Username: Greenhornet

Post Number: 59
Posted From: 76.110.30.60

Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 8:24 pm:   

I like the EBay idea also. The sale would help to offset the cost of the referb on the 7.
Congrats on THAT score too! I love the looks of that bus. Better post some pics when ya can!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration