www.thebusman.com Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2007 » September 2007 » www.thebusman.com « Previous Next »

Tim Brandt (Timb)
Registered Member
Username: Timb

Post Number: 64
Posted From: 66.165.176.60

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   

Just wondering if anyone here has had any dealings good or bad with Marty the busman in NC (www.thebusman.com). It seems like an upright kind of place and he has a good inventory but was wondering if anyone had any feedback. Wife and I are llooking at one of his coaches

Thanks

Tim
norcal kyle (Kylexisxrad)
Registered Member
Username: Kylexisxrad

Post Number: 176
Posted From: 76.105.27.223

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   

tim,
that is really weird that you post this, cause im in the process of dealing with marty rhyne right now for the second time. i almost bought a bus from him last year, but after speaking with him, we decided together that the bus that was closer to me was a better deal(even though that meant he made no $). and now im working with a band out of southern california helping them shop for coaches for a tour later this month, and marty has been my go to guy. i like his inventory, but what i really appreciate more than anything is his honesty. hes fair in showing you the pros and cons of each coach, from scratches on the paint to holes in the couch. i mean, i wont be able to make a final call on him until this transaction is all done and done, but so far hes been one of the most helpful people ive met in the industry so far(as far as salesman go). i totally enourage you to give him a call and chat with him. he knows his stuff. also, watch the videos on his website, it helps to get an idea of how he works. or if you cant watch them there, call him, and he'll send you a dvd about the bus youre interested in.

i just hope we're not shopping for the same bus. :-)

HTH

kyle in norcal
1980 Eagle 10 #30223

(Message edited by kylexisxrad on September 10, 2007)
David (Davidinwilmnc)
Registered Member
Username: Davidinwilmnc

Post Number: 185
Posted From: 152.20.216.103

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 2:53 pm:   

Hi,
I bought my bus from Marty in May '05. It's just an old MC-8, but he seemed to be upfront about it all to me. I had him replace the windshields (as part of the deal - they were cracked). I was supposed to pick it up one weekend, but the windshields hadn't been received or installed (I can't recall), so it was going to make it very difficult for me to pick it up. He delivered it, at no charge, to me in Wilmington when the work was complete. The nice thing was that it was sorta COD. I paid for it when he got it down here. That made me feel a little better about it. I figured that 6-7 hour drive to deliver it would be a good test. I could have possibly gotten it a bit cheaper from an individual, but I have no complaints about him or the bus. When you talk to him, tell him that David from Wilmington with the MC-8 said hello.

David
Tim Brandt (Timb)
Registered Member
Username: Timb

Post Number: 65
Posted From: 66.165.176.60

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   

Great to hear guys. I have spoken with him and my impression was that he is very up front, honest and genuine but it is always good to hear what others have to say as well.
Debbie and Joe Cannarozzi (Joe_camper)
Registered Member
Username: Joe_camper

Post Number: 42
Posted From: 76.223.90.238

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 5:12 pm:   

We also purchased ours from him.

Great fellow.
Bill Keller (Busnut104)
Registered Member
Username: Busnut104

Post Number: 18
Posted From: 67.140.47.44

Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 8:59 pm:   

9 Years ago I almost bought a bus from marty, He screwed me around for a long time, and was any thing but up front with me, I would look long and hard before I would buy from him.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration