1974 MC8 Crusader II Turn Signal Flasher Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » February 2009 » 1974 MC8 Crusader II Turn Signal Flasher « Previous Next »

Moti Nowrangi (Mnowrangi)
Registered Member
Username: Mnowrangi

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 96.255.56.102

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 7:34 am:   

Does any know where the flahser is located? I'm assuming it is in the drivers side electrical compartment box, - when I open it, where do I look for it.

Also, my drivers side (front) turn signal bulb went out. When I took out the bulb, all the turn signals stopped working. They do light up, but they don't blink. Did that have something to do with the "flasher"? Is there a generia flahser I can obtain locally through NAPA or an auto parts store if so where? Of would I have to go through the MCI website and order it. I'm trying to keep my costs down! The electrial system on this bus is 24v and I'm having to keep a box of various bulbs etc as spares ...luckly they come in boxes of 10ea!
Jack Conrad (Jackconrad)
Registered Member
Username: Jackconrad

Post Number: 954
Posted From: 71.54.29.215

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 9:03 am:   

Look up under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. The replacement has to be a 24 volt version. Jack
RJ Long (Rjlong)
Registered Member
Username: Rjlong

Post Number: 1507
Posted From: 67.181.166.160

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 8:35 pm:   

To further clarify what Jack said, imagine that your bus has a stick shift. Now imagine the ball of your foot is just resting to the clutch pedal, without depressing it any.

If the flasher is in it's original position, it should be to the left of the ball of your foot, with the clip that holds it screwed to the corner post facing forward. Snaps in and out, just like an auto's, with a plug for the wiring. Yes, it's 24v, and you should be able to get it (altho it may have to be ordered) from your local NAPA store.

Welcome to the world of busnuts - and yes, it's a good idea to keep spare bulbs. There is a listing of all the various bulbs used on your coach in the back of the Operator's Manual.

Speaking of manuals, you should have and/or get the following: Operator's Manual/Handbook; Maintenance Manual; Parts Book; Detroit Diesel Maintenance Manual for the 8V71, and the Maintenance Manual for the Allison HT-740, if your coach has an automatic.

These manuals are available from a number of sources, such as eBay, coachinfo.com, possibly MCI, etc. Well worth the investment!

Oh, one other book you should also have is The Bus Garage Index, published by Bus Ride magazine, an industry trade journal. Best $40 you'll ever spend on your bus, as it lists every bus garage in the country, so if you need help, you've now got a reference to assist. Available from www.busride.com, follow the link in the LH menu on the home page to order.

FWIW & HTH. . .

:-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration