Creative busing... with superduper du... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » February 2009 » Creative busing... with superduper dual slides « Previous Next »

Clint Hunter (Truthhunter)
Registered Member
Username: Truthhunter

Post Number: 14
Posted From: 24.129.235.190

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 8:24 pm:   

Was surfing one of the sponsor links to help pay the BNO bills and came upon this creative expression of busnut design. http://www.chooseyouritem.com/rvs/files/320500/320874.html
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to come with it's own roads to legally drive on. But get a look at those 35' x 36" dual slides they made. Would be worth the price just for parts, even if the bus was not registerable.
R.C.Bishop (Chuckllb)
Registered Member
Username: Chuckllb

Post Number: 477
Posted From: 75.209.85.115

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 10:11 pm:   

I suppose....depending on how much work wants to to do "get the parts"...:-):-)

Not my thing, but thanx for sharing.

RCB
Patrick levenson (Zubzub)
Registered Member
Username: Zubzub

Post Number: 59
Posted From: 64.229.58.135

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 10:05 am:   

That project has been for sale for at least 2 years, and looking at it probably longer.
George M. Todd (George_mc6)
Registered Member
Username: George_mc6

Post Number: 721
Posted From: 64.55.111.6

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 11:02 am:   

Anybody ever tried to put a working kitchen and a bathroom in a slide?
Tom Christman (Tchristman)
Registered Member
Username: Tchristman

Post Number: 61
Posted From: 66.218.33.156

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 11:12 am:   

I guess I'm missing something-didn't see slides on the bus, saw different colored metal framing. The view from the rear doesn't show slides, and I didn't see the mechanism for them either. Full length slides make me nervous since most stickes and staples manufacturers don't have any engineering clue as to safety.
I've seen kitchen slides, and a bathroom slide could be done with a macerator pump on the toilet. Good Luck, TomC
Keith Wood (Ft6)
Registered Member
Username: Ft6

Post Number: 81
Posted From: 75.211.180.248

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 1:07 pm:   

Looks a little drafty.
George M. Todd (George_mc6)
Registered Member
Username: George_mc6

Post Number: 723
Posted From: 64.55.111.6

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 1:43 pm:   

Tom,
You got what I was getting at. I also appreciate your ability to read (AND UNDERSTAND) an advertisement! I don't see slide mechs either, and as you say, the pics aren't great, but slides were mentioned in the header.
As Keith says, it doesn't need air conditioning...
Regards,
George
Darren Upfield (Mwerx)
Registered Member
Username: Mwerx

Post Number: 67
Posted From: 66.82.9.55

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 2:33 pm:   

It sold & was registered as MH.Darren
Patrick levenson (Zubzub)
Registered Member
Username: Zubzub

Post Number: 61
Posted From: 76.66.192.33

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 2:44 pm:   

"It sold & was registered as MH.Darren"

And is Darren Upfield(Mwerx) the owner of MH.Darren and if yes may we see some pics of how this big project is going?
Darren Upfield (Mwerx)
Registered Member

Post Number: 68
Posted From: 66.82.9.19

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 5:58 pm:   

No not the owner, but i know the guy built the slides & installed the motor,run out of time & cash.Darren.
Registered Member

Post Number: 19
Posted From: 24.129.232.82

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 6:21 pm:   

would appreciate if you could ask him to share details of that epic creation, perhaps you could pass on my request, information ain't worth snoht if it ain't know. All I can offer is to reciprocate. Beside some of the others may benefit to. Sounded like the drive train alone may have been worth the 10 k it was listed for. Thanks for sharing Darren. My email is realcanadiandemocracynet@gmail.com if he does not wish to post.
Darren Upfield (Mwerx)
Registered Member

Post Number: 69
Posted From: 66.82.9.24

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 8:02 pm:   

Give us a day or two to see what info he will give up Darren.
Tom Yaegle (Tom_5c)
Registered Member
Username: Tom_5c

Post Number: 31
Posted From: 71.169.124.208

Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 6:58 pm:   

Intresting project. Looks like a box truss down the center for support, and all the alumium (anything not red) goes out with the slide. Including the bays, very intresting. Theres a Prevost getting 2 30foot+ slides near me. The guy is hoping to patent his ideas on it. Tom Y
Registered Member

Post Number: 34
Posted From: 24.129.235.190

Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 3:54 pm:   

darren, do you know if this creation in progress was from scratch or was the chassis (and the almighty VIN & registration)something else in a previous life? IF it was a new birth (government wise) that in it's self would be as equally amazing as the actual design and fabrication of the real part of this creation. May the new owners have a smooth journey in bringing it to maturity, perhaps they or the original parties can re coupe some of there investment by sharing the extraordinary story or portions of the designs that are completed enough to be considered functional for application.

Not too provide feathers of judgement with which others may misuse to ruffle there feathers of feelings; but I had tried, about 3 years back to encourage that infamous "walker fellow" via emails, to consider marketing his incredible (claimed) slide conversion design plans under "licence to manufacture",(as such on coach modifications can not be imported to Canada if newer than 1971) that he claimed to have invented years back. "Walker's" claim was of several quad-slideout mci's that were functional and not over weight. Of course I have yet to see even a shred of substance behind his claims ; but will withhold judgement until such relevant facts for or to the contrary , are presented with which to base any conclusion upon.
I wouldn't wish to slander even the likes of the bush, never mind someone with a variant of "Bus Nut fever" least I be the cause of discouragement or impediment toward real progress.
Ednj (Ednj)
Registered Member
Username: Ednj

Post Number: 238
Posted From: 68.197.95.38

Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 6:45 pm:   

I remember seeing this one several years ago.
It started life as an Eagle.
I dont think I saved it anywhere but I'll check.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration