A brag nothing to do with buses Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » February 2009 » A brag nothing to do with buses « Previous Next »

Larry & Lynne Dixon (Larry_d)
Registered Member
Username: Larry_d

Post Number: 187
Posted From: 71.111.188.44

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 2:40 pm:   

Just a quick brag, the Westminster Dog Show, in NYC, the most prestigest in the USA is now on.
Our bred and co-owned Dolly was in the show she will not be on TV, but---won first Register Of Merit. The win titles are best of breed, best of oppiste sex and best of winners. Then comes first mention, it will be in the books of Westminster for ever.
My wife is very proud of the work she has been doing on improving the breed for over 15 yrs. Up until the last two years we have been traveling the western states at 15 to 18 K miles a year showing these dogs.
Sorry for braging but had to tell somebody.
Oh ment to say we travel most with 10 to 12 dogs in the coach, loving every bit of it.
Larry and Lynne
David Lower (Dave_l)
Registered Member
Username: Dave_l

Post Number: 125
Posted From: 67.58.201.10

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 3:34 pm:   

Congratulations on the good showing! how was it to travel with so many dogs, do you have a storage bay set up to be a private area for the dogs. Dave L
Larry & Lynne Dixon (Larry_d)
Registered Member
Username: Larry_d

Post Number: 188
Posted From: 71.111.188.44

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 4:07 pm:   

Dave We didn't go to NYC, But in answer we have let the dinet down with table covering the hole and bolted down 8, 200 wire dog crates, we get along very well a little noisey at times. Store wire pens in the bay and carry 12 to 18 gal of distilled water for the dogs as changeing water may cause the runs. At least four sleep with us and rest in crates. Don't have much company as dogs all over. Have shade for awning and also carry extra box fans. Get along real good. would like to go full time. Trying to get junk reduced and house sold. Thanks for intrest and congrats.
Larry
Paso One (Paso_1)
Registered Member
Username: Paso_1

Post Number: 130
Posted From: 142.165.246.239

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 5:21 pm:   

Just think of it as having your own built in alarm system. Who would ever try break in with all the possible chatter :-)
John and Barb Tesser (Bigrigger)
Registered Member
Username: Bigrigger

Post Number: 128
Posted From: 24.179.147.233

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 6:50 pm:   

Congrats on the good showing. We travel with anywhere from 1 to 3 dogs all the time, but ours are very spoiled and ill mannered, so I can't imagine that many!
Ian Giffin (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1194
Posted From: 24.239.12.139

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 7:15 pm:   

Hi Larry,

Send me a picture of the winner (or the whole fleet, for that matter) and I'd be happy to post the picture here! And congratulations!

Ian
www.busnut.com
marvin pack (Gomer)
Registered Member
Username: Gomer

Post Number: 400
Posted From: 71.55.228.218

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 7:24 pm:   

Boy!! Isn't it great to hear GOOD news for a change? I am sick of break-downs, rip-off's and the list goes on. Anyway Congratulations on your achievments.
GOMER
R.C.Bishop (Chuckllb)
Registered Member
Username: Chuckllb

Post Number: 483
Posted From: 75.210.42.20

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 8:30 pm:   

Great,news, Larry....did I miss the Breed somewhere in the excitement??? :-) :-) :-)
RCB
Darrell Black, DVM (Darrelldvm)
Registered Member
Username: Darrelldvm

Post Number: 34
Posted From: 209.78.171.149

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 9:52 pm:   

Our bus is used primarily as a mode to get to dog shows. We have Salukis and have been in the breed for over 35 years. About 8 years ago my wife owner-handled our bitch, Treasure, to a group I at Westminster.
Clint Hunter (Truthhunter)
Registered Member
Username: Truthhunter

Post Number: 21
Posted From: 24.129.235.190

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 10:03 pm:   

right on fellow dogbusnuts. The best thing about dogs when they famous is they never forget you, I am sure Dolly will prove the rule.
After I sold out in the shop & home in Winnipeg we full-timed for a full year (the family of 3 dogs I reside with; mom,dad & 1st daughter team). Towards the end they did start to protest the lack of there own yard to poop in, in a dog kind of way. They just see the MC 8 as a big dogs house that is tall enough for humans to stand up when they come to serve. They have yet to ask me to sleep in the bays but the mom & daughter have probably consider it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration