"& now for something completely diffe... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » April 2009 » "& now for something completely different" « Previous Next »

Clint Hunter (Truthhunter)
Registered Member
Username: Truthhunter

Post Number: 84
Posted From: 24.129.235.190

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 12:42 am:   

...ok maybe not completely different but at least a wee bit different .
A "history" movie about buses and other mass transit economic challenges from a social/political prospective . Kind of dry and better backgorund sound than eye candy; but others may have links to share of better bus movies. ("the big bus" was rather to inspirational to me when it came out)

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-2486235784907931000&hl=en
John and Barb Tesser (Bigrigger)
Registered Member
Username: Bigrigger

Post Number: 144
Posted From: 24.179.147.233

Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:37 am:   

Very interesting Clint. For those of us too young to remember the trolleys it really was an "eyeopener". Thanks for the link.
Kasse Weikel (More_s_than_as)
Registered Member
Username: More_s_than_as

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 71.84.122.200

Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 2:54 am:   

hehehe, i converted an old trolley into an art studio one time. it still had the really old advertisements and stuff in the front. funny how so much track was ripped to make more roads for daily commuters. ironically theres so many peopple with cars now, it would be best to have the mass transit systems again and make everyone share rides on the ol` trolley, it would be a fun social way to start the day
Buswarrior (Buswarrior)
Registered Member
Username: Buswarrior

Post Number: 1544
Posted From: 76.69.142.159

Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 11:09 am:   

This is a well researched piece of history, quite worth 55 minutes of your viewing time.

I wonder how the conspiracy is going today?

The trick is to get ahead of the ball so you can participate in the way you fell led.

GM sinks the trolley systems, builds cars and buses, stops investing in bus engineering, stops building buses... allows its auto products to dull in luster compared to foreign products.... and now is receiving billions in government aid?

If you didn't know, the transit buses being built today are not unlike the buses being built prior to GM's dominance, smaller outfits, lots of engineering problems, poor quality, even the large players have trouble getting to the 12 year mark without major life extending investments being made.

The game continues to be played, me thinks?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration