Off topic - multimedia projectors Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2009 » March 2009 » Off topic - multimedia projectors « Previous Next »

Buswarrior (Buswarrior)
Registered Member
Username: Buswarrior

Post Number: 1520
Posted From: 76.66.18.225

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 8:14 pm:   

anyone current in these things, or have a favorite?

I can't put off getting one any longer, too many side job opportunities which require the support of a laptop and projector.

I was quite fond of the larger, old style Proxima, for it's features, but it appears that all of that may be had in smaller, less expensive competitors now.

Used to be you kept an eye on purchase price and blended replacement bulb price into the thoughts.

Where are we these days?

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Sammy (Sammy)
Registered Member
Username: Sammy

Post Number: 94
Posted From: 68.237.254.81

Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 8:34 pm:   

Try this source of info. I know nothing about them.Hope it might help.
http://www.pcworld.com/product/reviewfinder.html?page=1&id=54&subcatid=55&prod_mfr_id=577& att_1452=3%3A1%3ALCD%3A&att_1453=3%3A1%3A1024-by-768%3A&att_1454=&sort_by=1
William Garamella (Nh_wanderer)
Registered Member
Username: Nh_wanderer

Post Number: 11
Posted From: 24.62.162.30

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 9:55 pm:   

The AV Science Forum is a great place for this. Its like the BNO of audio/visual stuff. Likely everything you ever wanted or needed to know about projectors.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

NH Bill
Bob Shafer (Michigander_bob)
Registered Member
Username: Michigander_bob

Post Number: 59
Posted From: 76.221.70.171

Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 10:26 am:   

before you buy one see what replacement lamps cost....some can be very expensive
Douglas Tappan (Dougthebonifiedbusnut)
Registered Member
Username: Dougthebonifiedbusnut

Post Number: 83
Posted From: 75.69.223.64

Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 8:08 pm:   

Ha Uhh, While we are on the subject, when I put the paint on my crown I was wondering if there was a projecter that I could project the paint lines on the side of the bus like in my high school science classes?
john w. roan (Chessie4905)
Registered Member
Username: Chessie4905

Post Number: 1377
Posted From: 71.58.110.9

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 7:18 pm:   

I would think that you might have problems with line distortion; how about one of those laser lights that they use to mark walls in homes to locate things at same height on two different or one long wall. I think that Lowes or Home Depot carry them. Probably many hardware stores or that section at Wally's
Clint Hunter (Truthhunter)
Registered Member
Username: Truthhunter

Post Number: 93
Posted From: 24.129.235.190

Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 1:22 pm:   

now that is thinking outside the box , I will have to keep this in mind the next time I change my MC 8 "busbillboard"; although bus raps would be nice , they are expensive. I did once see a MCI with a huge LED television on hughe side window pointing outside, posted on the ebay thingy.
Hummmmmm....How about a holograph projector that could change the bus "paint job" at the flick of program, any "project blue beam"(aka H.A.R.P. with a lot of make believe) technology leak down our way yet???
That could work well, I was once evicted from the public pool parking lot in Kelowna BC under their miss-ues of some bogus anti advertising bylaw for public places (they didn't like my www.realcanadiandemocracy.net web site advertisement or was it my wife wanted "companion" ad, not sure which upset them so much). I merely pointed out to the many other vehicles in the lot that had there businesses advertised on the vehicles and then sugested they focus on the vehicle badges such as ford , chevy, toyota, mercedies and hummer and how they also should be evicted under the same bullshit anti-adverstisement bylaw. At least mine were no comercial in nature.
p.s. Kelowna, B.C. is completely "bylaw bananas", if your ever busing through those parts, be warned. The big little city or is that the little big city, just could not figure out which, perhaps it is both.
Buswarrior (Buswarrior)
Registered Member
Username: Buswarrior

Post Number: 1523
Posted From: 76.69.142.134

Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 9:21 pm:   

thank you all. Got a Viewsonic brand at Tiger Direct, the big box store.

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Ian Giffin (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1200
Posted From: 24.239.13.27

Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 2:56 pm:   

NH Bill,

Thank you.

:-)

Ian
www.busnut.com

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration